Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bragging about Dad








So I just have to say I have such a cool husband. I couldn't ask for someone more perfect for me. He is SO.... talented too. He would never write a post like this so I'm going to.

Shawn works in a cabinet shop with his Dad. It is just the two of them, so they both work really hard. They make the most beautiful cabinets and furniture. I am so lucky, he has made so many awesome pieces of furniture for our house. When we were dating he made me this darling book case. I simply mentioned one day that I loved to read and that I had tons of books all over my room. So for Christmas he made me a book case, and it was not a simple one. I love that book case. It is now filled with all of Jacks books.

That is not all that Shawn has made for me. First he made an entertainment center for our living room. I needed a place to hang our stockings for Christmas, so he made me a fireplace. When Jack was on the way I picked out a changing table in Pottery Barn that I liked and he duplicated it exactly, actually it's even better then the Pottery Barn one. Shawn added cabinets to our laundry room, my favorite part is the cool laundry hamper. His newest project was frames for Jacks pictures. He is always painting this and that for me also. What an awesome man. I feel so lucky. Sometimes I am jealous that he has so many talents.

Not only can he make really awesome things but, Jack and I went to his softball game this past week and he hit 2 home runs. WHAT A GUY!

If you want to see more of his work check out his website www.aspenmill.com

10 comments:

♥Shally said...

Wow! He is good!

And just so you know-- it totally cracked me up that you remember how I had to put Jax to sleep! You are so right! I would rock him HARD. It was the only thing that worked. I am sure people thought I was crazy... :)

Abbey said...

Wow, He's made some beautiful stuff!! You're a lucky girl!

I hope everything is going well with you guys. We haven't seen you or talked for quite a while!! Jack is getting so big! He's so cute!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hay,

You know I LOVE my husband. I really truely truely do.. and I'm amazed how he can learn things like working on the basement when he never grew up doing things like that... but Shawn is AWESOME at his woodwork and I will always be a bit jealous that he can make you anything you want! We still love our bathroom cabinet! p.s. JT changed our format and I want him to change it back... so he's the copy cat!

Camille said...

You do have a great husband...how lucky you are.

Just popped in and wanted to say 'hi' ... you are so cute and I miss working with you.

jennie said...

Just the two of them? Wow. He must be so busy all the time. All that furniture is beautiful-that is so cool. Brett says hi to "Lambert" :)

♥Shally said...

I am so sorry about the poop in the tub!!

But I don't think you are ever really a mom till you have done it.

SO GROSS.

So, so, so gross...

Ben & Kirsten said...

Wow that is so cool! He has probably saved your budget a lot of hard hits with that creativity! You got a good one!

Kylee said...

Hey

Thanks for the input-from one of my best customers!

Im actually coming this weekend but I don't know if I'll have time to do any pic(cause of Andys parents 60th birthday)-although Im dying to take family ones for you guys-I need some family ones! Anyways, when I know my schedule better and if there is time, I'll for sure let you know!

p.s. I can't remember if I thanked you which probably means that I didn't-but THANKS for the Olive Garden $...yum-can't wait to use it!

Avree said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I'll add yours to my list so I can stay updated on your cute little family. Your little boy is so cute! I love the name Jack! Your hubby really has made some amazing things! I'm pretty jealous, although Matt did make a pretty sweet step-stool in high school that I use sometimes :)

jennie said...

Hayley- I'd love to do a playdate. The weather has been perfect. Or a picnic or whatever with the guys. Actually how about this weekend- sometime around conference? Let me know. Also, can you give me the name and number of your friend that does the pictures? Call me if you get a chance. 862-4446