Monday, March 17, 2008

Lost No More

Last night we got back in town from visiting my sister a family in Herriman. We always leave Scout with Shawn's parents when we go for the weekend.nd her They have a dog (Ottis) also, so it is fun for Scout to stay there. The only problem is Ottis is an outside dog. So when Scout is there he too has to be an outside dog. Well I guess while we were gone Scout freed himself as well as Ottis 3 times. The first 2 times Shawn's parents found them close by. But the 3rd time just Scout got out. So when we got over there to pick up Scout, there was no Scout to be found. So out went the search party. I walked around Santa Clara Heights for hours last night, in hi heels, yelling his name. Scout has gotten away from us a few times, but we really don't let him outside without a leash on to often.
We both figures that he had to be pinned up in someones back yard or in the pound because he is too friendly to just wonder off. So Shawn and I put fliers all over Santa Clara. We were both worried sick. If you don't know Scout he is like a family member to us. Actually we were just saying on the drive home how much we love Scout and how much fun Jack and Scout have with each other (that was before we knew he was gone.) Well, we had decided that we would have to wait until the pound opened at 10:00am Monday morning, hoping he was there. We were headed home, both totally dreading it because our house is not the same without Scout. We decided to stop at Linns to post a flier there. I ran into the store and handed the lady the flier and asked her to post it on the board outside. She looked at it and said wait I think I have information on your dog. She handed me this paper that said, "I found a dog in Santa Clara at night, I think he is part pug he has a camo collar." I stared to cry and said thats him. So the Lady quickly dialed the number and a boy answered and said he had him. I was so excited. I ran to the car and told Shawn. He could hardly believe it. We raced to his house so fast. I was so excited to see his big brown eyes and his waggly tail. The boy was super nice. He said he was driving around Santa Clara late Saturday night and he almost hit him ( thank heavens he didn't. ) So he stopped on the side of the road and opened his door and of course he hopped right in. He said he spent all Sunday morning knocking on doors to see who he belonged to but no one claimed him. So he went to Linns and left the info there. What an answer to our prayers. He was such a nice responsible person. Thank you Scout finder.
We are so glad to have Scout back. We even let him sleep on our bed, which is utterly forbidden. You don't realize how much you love something until it is gone. We love you SCOUT!!!

6 comments:

♥Shally said...

So glad you found him! I would die if anything ever happened to our pets!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you found him! That is so scary! I can't even imagine if something happened to Mobee! They really do become a part of the family. Just like one of the kids!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hayley and Shawn,

We are sooooooo glad you found him!! I think this sums up how important our pets are to us.,, remember when I yelled at the lady who hit Snuggles and broke his leg "HE'S MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!" and I am insistant that if Mom and Dad move someday they have to dig up Dinjy and take her with them! We love Scout too even if we don't act like it sometimes and we are so glad you had a happy ending to your tragic story. Cute pics!

tracy layne said...

That is such a miracle! I am so glad you found him! I almost got a little teary reading it and I remember that one time when you and I were in my kitchen and we started talking about our dogs that had died and we both started crying! Haha its kind of funny now but its so true how much you love your dog.... They are family! Glad he got home safe and sound!

Ben & Kirsten said...

That story made me cry a little! How sweet that someone was nice and found him for you and took care of him! I would probably feel the same way if anything happened to Lady! :)

jennie said...

I'm so glad you found him! I remember when you guys first got him and he was so little. He's grown so much! I guess that was almost 2 years ago!