Wednesday, March 26, 2008

CATCHING UP ON ALL OF THE FUN

We have had nonstop fun since we posted last. We had a great Easter celebration. Carly, JT, Boston and Josh all came to St. George to enjoy the warm weather for the holiday. Actually they weren't the only ones who came. St. George was packed. But I don't blame anyone it has been beautiful here. (I think it's suppose to be 80 degrees today!) We also got to see our friends Jessica, Andrew and Boston. It was fun to see them. Their little girl Boston is so cute she and Jack are really close in age, but they were both asleep so they didn't get to play together, maybe next time.

On Saturday we had an eventful day. We were all ready to hit the sack when it was over. We started the day by going to the park for a picnic and playing. Boston had so much fun in the sand pile and Jack didn't really know what to think about it. But he didn't put it in this mouth, which is an improvement. They both loved to swing on the swings though. Grampy and Grammy bought them cute new easter play outfits and shoes they both looked so... cute. Jacks favorite part about the park time was that Grammy bought him his own kids meal. He ate every last bite of his chicken nuggets, french fries and frosty. Jack is quite the eater. After the park the boys went home to take a nap. We then headed to Sand Hollow to swim. Even though half of St. George was there it was really fun. Jack loves to sit in the shallow end and splash. Boston had a lot of fun also. We all went down the BIG slide and played around a lot. We then head to my mom and dads for an Easter egg hunt. They had so much fun looking for eggs around the back yard. They found lots of fun thinks like, Curious George toys, a bat and ball, sand toys, and tons of eggs with candy and money!!! One thing Jack found he wasn't so fond of, was a furry ball. Every time we put it by him he would burst out in tears. He is such a funny kid. We ended the night with going out to Chili's with Shawn's friends that were in town. Jack was so tired he stayed at Grammys to sleep. It was fun to see Shawn's friends that we haven't seen for awhile.

Sunday was also great. Jack got to do an Easter egg hunt at our house too. He was so excited to find the dyed eggs around the house. He would put them in his mouth when he would find them. By the end he had egg dye all over his face. For Easter we got a new stroller that attaches to my bike. It will be fun to use. Jack got new church clothes and the Bee Movie. My family got to come to church at our ward. Jack and Boston looked darling in their new Easter Sunday clothes. It seems like all of the holidays that are about our Savior always get so blown out of proportion. It was good to go to church and remember the sacrifice that our Savior made for us. I am so grateful that my Savior gave his life for me and my family. I can't imagine a more special gift. I hope that I will always keep this gift close to my heart and realize the sacrifice that was made on my behalf.

We had 2 great Sunday dinners, first with my family then with Shawn's. Both of the mom's worked so hard to make a special Easter dinner. We had fun being with Shawn's family also. All of the Grandparents were there. We had a great time and we were sad to see the weekend come to an end. Thanks everyone for all of the fun!

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

I just went to that park today!

It was still packed!

Errin said...

Jack looks so cute in that little church outfit! what a stud!

CassideeT said...

Sounds like fun! I can't believe how big Jack, I think he still weighed about 5 pounds last time I saw him! I can see why Jack likes those balls, Max loves them as well.

jennie said...

Hayley, your blog is super cute! I love it. I'm so glad you have one. It's fun to see pictures of Jack. He's adorable, and TINY! It was good to see you yesterday! I really miss talking and working with you even though I don't work anymore at all. I forgot to ask, do you work for the Dr. Beckstrom from home? We should get together and let the little ones play!

Lacee said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten! Last time I saw him he weighed a mear 5 lbs!! He is super handome. My favorite picture is his hair spiked and he's dressed up with a tie. You are such a cute mom. Hope all is well-