Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Mommy Be NICE"


You know you've lost your cool when your 2 year old tells you to be nice, ooops.... But some of you may understand my frustration when I explain why I wasn't being NICE. Potty training week two has been a lot easier than week one. I dare say he has the "Number One" down! Congrats Jack!!!! But lets just say "Number Two" we are struggling with. Any advice out there, I would love to hear it. The weird thing is he will tell me that he needs to go but when I get him there he won't do it, ahhhh.... He has learned to strategically plan to "poop" when I put a diaper on him, like at nap time.... So today he came to me telling me he needed to go, about 2 hours ago. Me being the determined person I am wasn't going to put him down until the job was done. By 2:30 he was in dire need of a nap and I was at my wits ends. Hence the "mommy be nice" phrase from Jack. So he won and now he will wake up from his nap with, yes a stinky diaper. Okay so help... I can't give up now he has done so well.... Someone out there has to have an answer!

9 comments:

Sharps said...

EXACTLY the SAME THING SAMMY DID! its totally normal. HONESTLY everyone says it but they will go when they want to go! Its a weird thing. But one day Jo said Sammy if you go poo on the potty you dont have to take a nap and you can watch a movie with me! HE did it and that was it. He never went in a diaper again. IT will happen! Pee always comes first! GOO JACK!
PS my word verification is cring!

Camille said...

Don't give up! If you do, it'll be harder next time. And TRY to stay positive. As hard as it is you've just gotta do it.

Errin said...

Ali is CONSTANTLY telling me to be nicer. Kids are funny, and good luck with #2, its tough!

Avree said...

Oh I am so not looking forward to potty training! I don't know much about it but I've heard from a lot of people that you don't need to worry about #2 for awhile, get #1 down first and when they're ready they'll go #2. With my sister's little girl it took awhile, she was finally bribed good enough to go once and then we all made a huge deal about it and after that she didn't have anymore problems. Good luck!

P.S. LOVE the picture with the undies and goggles!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

When I have my 3 year old potty trained I'll give you some advice... until then I have NO SYMPATHY!!

Kirsten said...

Well I'm no expert, but I've heard some mom's release their kids into the backyard naked to get them to figure it out. I don't know if this will work for #2, but my cousin had boys and they were potty trained this way. Teaches them they can't just let it go...that'd be gross ha ha. Might be worth a try! :)

Molly said...

Alice is the oppisite. She'll tell me when she needs to go #2, but then she pee's in her panties. So hard. Hang in there

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

Thats exactly how Mason is...except he holds his pee now too. He tells me he needs to go and then isn't patient enough to sit there and go. He used to #2 in his potty easy, even before pee and now he's just to busy. It's SO frustrating! When you figure it out let me know!

Krista said...

I think I've told you my story with Kyle but if not here you go. He would never have an accident when he was asleep. He just was so stubborn he would fight me when he was awake. I tried everything and then he really wanted a lord of the rings toy sword that lit up and made noise. We bought it and explained that if he went on the potty he got the sword but if he went in his pants it went back in the box. He was so happy with his new toy until he had a accident. We put the sword back in the box exactly as it came and put it up on a high shelf that we had cleared off of everything else so that it stood out and he could see it. It was a horrible day of screaming until he finally went on the toilet again. He only had one more accident after that before he figured out how to keep the sword. I had been trying for a good 6 months so two days of screaming at a shelf was cake. Be strong what ever you decide. Good luck!