Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jack and Dad

A friend of mine wrote a song that says,
"Ain't this livin, Ain't this grand, some poor people just don't understand. Livin' ain't money, or fancy cars, livin' is like this, right where we are."


I am so glad that Hayley takes so many pictures, cause so often I don't realize how great I have it, until the moment is captured in a picture and I look at it later.


It makes me want do at least one thing every day worthy of a picture.


Sometimes when we are doing things I think "This would make a great picture." I have the feeling I am getting the most out of what little time we have between work, and sleep and all the other mundane things in life.



Jack you make me so Happy.

I have a great life, and I think no matter where life is going to take us in the next couple years, as long as I have Jack and Hayley with me there will be many more "picture moments" that will remind me of this.

5 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Ahhhh sweet post. So true.

Errin said...

Shawn, your such a great dad, You can see how much Jack adores you! Great post!

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

Shawn great post I love it and fully agree!

Unknown said...

Hayley you guys are such sweet parents! I love how positive you are because it can get hard to keep your chin up and remain calm with a hectic life! So thanks for this....I needed to be reminded of things like this

KayDee said...

You guys have such a cute littl eboy..... and that is so true about life if we would just step back and realize it!! http://chrisandkaydeesmith.blogspot.com