Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thanks Guys!!!

I haven't posted about Shawn being gone to SPAIN, for the past 10 day, because I was scared that someone would come and get Jack and Me. But now that he is going to be home in LESS than 24 hours I figured I'm safe. But I wanted to dedicate this post to my wonderful family and friends that have been there for the two of us over these past 10 days. Jack and I have had so much fun. There wasn't a day that went by that someone didn't invite us to hang out. We had a blast on all of the park dates, (one day we went to the park 3 times in one day with 3 different friends, Wow), dinners, family nights, craft nights (I will have to post some pictures of the crafts we made they are super cute) and just hanging out. I swear when ever I got around a friend I would chat their ear off. It was nice to have a conversation with someone that under stood more than four letter words. I really appreciate all of the phone call (thanks Carly for checking in on me almost everyday!), e-mails and invites. My Mom and Dad were so great to have us hang out at there house when ever we were board, or watch Jack while I need some time to myself. They are such great parents, I love them so much and feel so lucky to have them close.

When Shawn first got the plane ticket we kept saying it is only 10 days!!! But ten days is a long time to be a single Mom. All of you single Moms out there I really admire you. Jack and I have really bonded though, we have been nearly inseparable since Shawn left. Jack has been slightly worried that I might leave too, so he has had a hard time letting me out of his sight. We have been lucky to talk to Shawn on the web cam a little bit, but I think that has confused Jack even more. One time we were talking to Shawn and Jack kept looking behind the computer screen to see were his Dad was. Jack makes sure that he says Dad every time he sees a picture of him and when I talk about Dad coming home he points to the sky and says " clane" because I keep telling him that he will come home on a plane. I can't wait to see his face light up when he sees him. I also keep telling him that when we see Dad we are going to tell him that he can't ever go for this long ever again, and that goes for the both of us!!!

Well I will update again on his arrival and tell you all how the missionary bother is doing, but for all of you that have been there for the two of us THANK YOU. I couldn't ask for better family and friends. I hope if you guys are ever lonely that I will be there for you, please know that I love and appreciate you guys! And Jack and I are still up for all of the play dates and craft times, but if you invite us over for dinner Shawn might have to tag along with us also! Thanks again guys, I owe ya one!

4 comments:

Errin said...

Hanging out makes me realize that we NEED to hang out more! Husband or no husband! It was fun! :)

Jessica Reeves said...

Hey, I found your blog through Emily's. Jack is so cute!! We should plan something and get together soon.

linzi said...

You and your family are beautiful!!! I am so thankful for blogs because I was able to find you again. I have been thinking about you forever now!! I hope everything is well, and that we can stay in touch now. Are you living in St. George?

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

It was so fun to have you join us for dinner. Next time, we'll have all 3 of you come!

Also, thank you so much for making my birthday cake! I Love German Chocolate cake! That was perfect!