Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This one is for YOU!!!


Jack is growing up so fast lately. It really hit me today that he isn't much of a baby anymore. He has fully developed a personality and he is quite the character. He is quickly picking up on lots of new things. He is getting really good at saying "PLEASEA" (he always has to add an A at the end of it) and signing along with it. His newest sign is wash hands and he gets so into it. He love to put his hands under the faucet and wash them, but then he always has to take it one step further and try to get a drink also. He always comes up gasping for air. Jack still loves the water and has to get right down in it ever time. I think he is the only kid at the splash park that has to lay belly down in the water at least 50% of the time we are there. He is getting very adventurous and loves to go exploring. He has amazing vision. Jack can always find the tiniest things, the only bad thing is he always has to taste them! Good thing he know what to do when something tastes gross, he instantly starts spitting and rubbing his tongue.
Jack still loves almost any kind of food. If he doesn't like it I can still, normally get him to eat it if I say umm... with a lot of expression, it tricks him every time. His vocabulary is expanding all the time. He loves to try to tell me what he wants, it has become quite the guessing game. I'm actually getting it down but for others it can be nearly impossible.
Last week we finally buckled down and found a babysitter, other than our parents. She did such a great job!!! But I love this story.... We were planning on being home at 8:00 so she wouldn't have to put him down for bed, but our dinner took longer than we had planned so I called to see if she could put him down. So I gave her the very detailed instructions of putting him down, as Shawn was rolling his eyes and laughing in the back ground. So we get home and she had done a great job Jack was asleep and everything was great. So I asked her how it all went and she said great other than when she started to read the book and Jack started screaming and wiggling around trying to get down. So she let him down and he ran to the fridge and said " dink dink" How could she have forgotten the MILK (I know I put that in the instructions at least once or twice). Jack would not let that fly, he made sure he kept her in line. She finally figured out what he needed after she opened the fridge and he pointed right to it and repeated himself once again DINK! Jack knows the routine and there is NO changing it!
I can't believe how fast time flies. He is the most darling, sweet boy, he is a great sharer and is very kind. He still loves to play with his best friend Scout. The other day I was making dinner and he was hiding behind my legs and peaking out the sides at Scout. He would giggle and giggle every time Scout would see him. He then tried to put his hat on Scout and throw this bone at him, Scout didn't think that was very funny, but Jack did.
Jack and I took Shawn to the airport a few days ago and Jack just stared out the window, completely fascinated with the "Clanes" He makes everything so exciting. Just a simple trip to the airport is a blast. Jack loves to pick out all of the trucks and cars he sees and can tell you which one is which. Everywhere we go he has to bring at least one of his cars or trucks, preferably Lightening McQueen.
He is very rapidly becoming a little boy. Shawn said a few nights ago I couldn't be any prouder of my little boy, I think that sums it up for the both of us.

11 comments:

♥Shally said...

Okay, we STILL have yet to have a babysitter! I really need to find one...

Good for you!

Taylors6 said...

oh my sweet little Jack! Man I remember when you told us you were pregnant! Happy Days. He is such a sweet boy and has truly grown up into a mini Shawn! He's adorable but I don't doubt that's because of his two freakin awesome parents!!!! Sure miss you guys!

Errin said...

Hayley he is so cute, I love the pictures and I especially love the one with him on his belly in the dirt! What a cutie!

Avree said...

I loved reading this post! He sounds like such a cute little man! The pictures of him are adorable, he has such a sweet little baby face, even if he is growing into a little boy!

Emily said...

Oh Hayley, he is getting so big! And what a cute boy he is! :) They sure do grow up fast... my baby is 3 1/2 now!!
Emily Ford

j&rbastian said...

Could he be any cuter. Always having so much fun!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Mensch er ist ganz suss! Shawn du hast gut gemacht! Wir habe auch ein blog jetzt du kannst es heir anshauen www.mattandraquelbell.blogspot.com

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

He is so cute; I get all sappy just thinking about my very favorite nephew!! Isn't it awesome to watch a child's fasination at the simplest of things. I love the babysitting story. We have our boys trained well. One night last week JT put Boston to bed and George had been left in the living room. Boston always tells us bye, but he wouldn't say it until George was in his arms.
I feel so so lucky to be Jack's aunt. I am so excited to have a Halloween party here for the boys! Good memories to come!

Matt Fackrell said...

I can't believe how much Jack looks like his cousin Kyle.

The Lamberts said...

I love all of your cute pics. Your knew camera takes great pictures. Jack is a doll. We need to get together on a friday, and take the boys to the water park before it gets to cold.

Shums said...

he gets cuter every time i see him! i can't believe how fast they grow! we'll be up there for a week in November, we need to get our boys together!!