Sunday, October 5, 2008

SPAIN!!

As Hayley said I got the chance to go to Spain for 10 days, and she being the wonderful wife that she is, made sure that I took advantage of the opportunity. But she did make sure that she got a few things in return, i.e., the new camera. But I got the better end of the deal. It was pretty amazing. Don't worry though I am not going to give you my travel itinerary, just a few pics and some highlights.This is my little brother Chad, he has been in Spain for the last two years on a mission, that is why we went over there, if you were wondering.
Madrid TempleThe cross in the back is over 400 feet tall and the interior of this church is carved right out of the mountain, and it is huge!
My Mom and Dad also went, so it was the four of us.This is a 2000 year old Aqueduct, the Romans built to get their version of running water. This was probably my favorite thing I saw the whole trip.The little thing you see behind us is a statue of Christ about 3 miles away, I don't know how big it was, but you can imagine it had to be pretty tall.I am by no means a photographer, and Hayley wouldn't let me take her new camera, so I did the best with what I had. Out of 478 pictures, these are a few that turned out kind of sweet, and give an idea of the culture, architecture, and style of Spain.

9 comments:

kate said...

Spain looks amazing! What an awesome chance to see it! :)

Errin said...

Thats awesome Shawn! What an awesome get away, and to top it off bring your brother home too!

jennie said...

Wow! Those pictures are awesome! That is so cool you got to go. I'll put Spain on my list of places I want to go see now. :) Hey, whatever happened to that dinner group thing?

Taylors6 said...

thanks for sharing the pics. I LOVED THEM! Looks like you guys had a great time! You deserved that break!!!!

And I must say Shawn....well done on the photography! :)

Avree said...

Wow, now I want to go to Spain! Looks like a fun trip!

Errin said...

I would love to take your family pics! Just let me know when and where and I'll be there!

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Shawn, I just kept yelling, "Wow!" while Monica scrolled down. I really wish you had invited me. I want to see all 478 pictures, so I'll bring my projector if you'll bring your slides tomorrow. That looks like it was awesome!
Devin

Anna said...

What a cool trip! We're totally jealous! I' glad you guys found us.

Robyn said...

I'm taking a Spanish Culture and Civ. class right now which is basically Spanish history, and I am pretty jealous that Shawn got to see alot of stuff I have been learning about! Lucky!!

Hayley, we watched Martian Child last night, and I kept thinking of you and your story about your neighbor. So sad but it was a great show. I'm kind of surprised it didn't get better reviews. And at the end I just knew it was going to end in a tragedy but it was a good ending, and I loved it!