Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just for the record.....

I just got home from church and for the one second that I got to listen to fast and testimony meeting, (Jack is always a handful at church) this lady got up and was saying that she had been thinking about if she passed from this life, what she would want her children to have learned from her. It got me thinking about what advice I would want to pass on to Jack... not that I am going anywhere. I am sure I will be one of those 105 year old people, living in a rest home wishing I could go, but just for the record here we go....



I would want him to first off know that life goes quick, so enjoy everything. Don't forget to go on walks and feel the wind on your face, don't forget to go out at night and look at the stars, and don't forget to enjoy lazy days....

I would also want you to know that life goes on.... Play in mud even if you get all dirty and ruin your clothes, who cares. Splash in puddles after it rains and don't worry if you come home with holes in your jeans, it lets me know that you were having fun!

Take time to realize what a beautiful world we live in...

Don't waste time on TV and Nintendo, get outside and be a boy, explore and discover.

Don't turn down opportunities, just go for it. Try new things and be adventurous. (your Dad is still trying to teach me that)

Explore new talents and pursue them. Don't EVER give up on yourself, believe and trust in yourself.

Don't let failure slow you down. (way to many times in my life I have done this!)

Don't let others tell you it's not "cool", become yourself!

Remember that your family will always be your number one fan and friend.

Don't worry about what we might think, you can always come to your Mom and Dad for anything, and I mean anything!

Don't forget to turn to your Father in Heaven for answers, I know he listens.

Enjoy all of the holidays, don't get too old for them!

I am sure I could go on forever and ever, but most of all Jack live a life you would be proud of. Don't regret stuff. Live so that when you look back on this life you can say that was a sweet life and I wouldn't change it one bit!!!!

9 comments:

Errin said...

Hayley you are such a cute mom! Lets get together soon!

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

o that is so sweet. What a cute idea. I just might have to copy

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Yea.. sure tell Jack don't worry about playing in the mud and getting your clothes muddy, there all Boston's clothes anyway!

Lacee Curtis said...

Hayley this is the sweetest blog. This blog reminds me of a talk from general conference. Just "ENJOY" life! It's so true. i wish I wasn't as anal as I am with TemeKula. Ha maybe another insight might help. Thanks. It was good to see you guys to. I can't believe how big your little man is getting. You guys are such a cute family!!! Sorry again about the blog stalking ha. I was like Brady you shouldn't tell people stuff like that. That's why people put locks on their blogs. ha! Promise were not creepy. It's just fun watching families grow when you don't keep in touch on a weekly basis.

Taylors6 said...

Seriously....I love you Hayley. Man you are such an amazing mom. One of the best examples I have. I wish I had you around more often to watch! Your amazing! Jack and Shawn are VERY LUCKY!

You brought some tears to my eyes. Even I need to slow down and enjoy life, and my boys's lives more! Thanks for the advise!

Taylors6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharps said...

I just told Jordon tonight that Jack is one of those babies that I could just pick and love like my own family! He is darling! Your the best mom.

Emily said...

I love this post Hayley!! Jack is lucky to have you as his Mom.

ps-it was good to see you and your fam last night.

Camille said...

You are so sweet Hayley! I love reading your blog and keeping up on your life. You are a great example to me.