Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jack an Olympian?



We are so sad that the 2008 Beijing Olympics are over. Our nights have seemed slightly dull since they ended, but the good thing is we aren't falling asleep on the couch and dragging ourselves to bed at 1:00. I was so impressed with our USA athletes. They all seem like great people, who have worked so hard to fulfill their dreams. It made me really proud to be an American. More than once, well eight times to be exact, Shawn and I were sitting at the edge of the couch scream our guts out for Micheal Phelps. Wasn't he amazing. I also loved to watch Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson in the gymnastics. I still think the Chines payed off the judges. I think Nastia deserved way more than she got. I enjoyed watching the track and field events also. We had some great runners this year. I loved the race where we took all three medals, and the bronze medalist dove over the line. You could tell he really wanted it. We also really got into the girls sand volleyball. Walsh and May were great athletes with a lot of determination.

I love the Olympics, it is such a cool way to unite the World, even if it is through blood and sweat.




So we decided we wanted to start training Jack for the 2024 Olympic games, sounds good, right. So here are some of the things we have been practicing.....
Pole Vault

Palmal Horse
Biking (Grandpa Corey would be proud)

Swimming


BMX Racing



Well it is up to you, which one do you think Jack should pursue?

5 comments:

The Frei's said...

Hey guys! It was so good to catch up and see what you guys are up to! Jack is so dang cute! I totally agree we are pretty sad the olympics are over too! It was so fun! We need to play tennis again! Hope things keep going well!

Unknown said...

You always think of the cutest posts! It was fun to see you tonight and I am way excited for our girls night!!!

Errin said...

haha, what a cute post! Jared and I were the same with Michael Phelps and now we want Ali to be an olympic swimmer.. haha!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Man, I love that little guy! He is so freaking cute and getting so big! Those pictures are darling... I think he should do the swimming... I love his "all natural" approach!

Taylors6 said...

oh my gosh I love you guys! Jack is so freakin cute!

We TOTALLY loved the olympics too. And as for Jack......I think swimming! That baby bum is the cutest thing ever!