Friday, August 1, 2008

DOG For Sale

I read this really great e-mail from a friend last night and it inspired me to write a cute post about changing the world and being a better person but..... by the time I got around to it this morning I had something else on my mind.


I have one word for you "SCOUT" I have had it with him. We decided last night that we were going to put him in the laundry room for the night. Because throughout the night he continues to jump up onto our bed, then jump down, then shake and then make this weird licking noise.

Shawn of course doesn't hear a bit of it, but it has got to the point that I can't sleep!!!! The dumb thing is I am so strict with Jack about sleeping, but I let my dumb dog do whatever he pleases at night.

SO.... back to last night, we put Scout to bed in the laundry room, baby gate blocking the door so he can't get out. For the next three hours I hear him scratching on the gate and then he whines, then he proceeds to scratch on the gate. So now I'm really not getting any sleep. I then decide to get him out, I figures it was better to get him out before he wakes Jack up. Throughout the night Scout continued to do his nightly ritual of jumping up and down off of the bed.
The morning finally comes along and Shawn and Jack wakeup, fully rested and wonder why I am such a crab.
That's not all, Scout follows me around, right next to me, all morning begging to go out for a walk. At 8:00 I finally give in and we go for a walk.
Jack, check
Stroller, check
Cereal in stroller, check
Hotdog bun, check (to feed the duck at the pond)
Shoes, check
Leash, check
Scout, check and off we go.

We don't even make it out of the neighborhood when I see our friend Tubby (a big old golden retriever that hates scout and scout loves him.) Lucky me, Scout doesn't see him, I wave to the nice man that is his owner and we try to speed walk to pass him before Scout sees him. Just when I thought we were good my Dad drives by and sees us and pulls over to the side of the street to say hi. Scout starts to howl at the top of his lungs at him, in the mean time he sees Tubby and then he really starts to howl and bark and pull me and go crazy. So then the really mean Hayley voice has to come out and I start yelling at Scout, all while cars proceed to pass us and I look stupid trying to keep hold of scout, while trying to talk to my Dad and hold on to Jack in the stroller. Jack at this point wants to get out to see my Dad so he is crying and I'm about to cry. Anyway I tell Tubby's owner to please pass us and tell my Dad to continue on his way so that I can control my two boys.

It takes a few really hard yanks on Scouts leash but he finally stops and we head off on our walk. But little did I know that we would pass 8 other dogs along the way. (Side note: I always go on the same path for my walk so this kind of thing won't happen. I rarely have to pass a dog or a person on our walk.) I guess I missed the flier but it was apparently "walk your dog day." We ended up making to the pond where we feed the Duck, which was the fun part of the walk. I love when we come around the corner and Jack starts to say "DUCK" and the duck swims as fast as he can to us.

Well just as we are leaving the park I see two HUGE dogs come running around the bend without leashes on. We then repeat what happened at the first part of the walk times 10!!! The owner comes, finally, and calmly says come on dogs. Like he can't see that I am in major stress. I hate people that bring their dogs to parks without a leash. If you are one of them, I dare say I hate you. Now I have tears rolling down my eyes as I am yanking and yanking and yanking Scout, all while trying to push the stroller too, might I add. Well we made it home all in one piece, but like I said, I HAVE A REALLY ADORABLE PUGGLE FOR SALE, THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS HE IS FREE AND HE COMES WITH A LEASH!

12 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh my goodness! You had a very rough morning. I didnt realize your dog was such a handful. I dont do pets, and either does Garrett. Hope the rest of your day goes smoother. BTW I FINALLY started a blog. garrettandmarcie.blogspot.com

Taylors6 said...

You poor thing. Are you serious though or are you kidding? I'm laughing over here because I really don't know if your serious. ha ha. Oh Haley I just love you. I can totally hear you in my head as I read. I sure miss you!!!!

Unknown said...

Are you really serious? I totally understand your frustration though! I hate passing people or dogs with Mobee! He goes crazy and he sleeps with us and keeps us up ocasionally:) Good luck! I really do want to know if you are serious.

jennie said...

I'll admit that for a minute I was laughing, but I know it's totally not funny. I'm so sorry! I've seen you trying to hold on to Scout before and it DID NOT look easy! So he's really for sale? I agree that people should keep their dogs, esp. big ones, on leashes and have some responsibility! Sorry for your hectic day! Hey, do you want to go to the water park with the kids and do lunch like we were thinking about? I've been so busy the last couple weeks and was out of town all last week, but I'm free this coming week- are you? Pick a day! Call me!

Jenna Marie said...

To my "favorites" partner: :)
You should get your package on Tuesday... hopefully. I went out of town this weekend, and I missed the post office. Sorry about that!! :) But keep looking!! :)

P.S. I have to admit I was laughing in this last post as well- Just picturing everything in my head- haha.

Ben & Kirsten said...

Hayley...I am with you! We are foolish enough to have not one, but TWO dogs. In fact, part of the reason we went to San Diego this weekend was so that we could have a break from the dogs! Lady thinks EVERYONE she sees on her walks should just be SO lucky to touch her, so she pulls SO hard on her leash just to get close to people! She has broken her retractable leash, and almost tore another one! Ben would happily get rid of them both...but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. SO I feel your pain and I too wish we could sell our dogs!!!

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

I don't know how you do it. Having a kid is tough enough for me. I refuse to get a dog until we buy a house and Mason is a little older. You are way more patient that me, that's for sure!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Oh Hayley, I can see it all now. I feel so so so bad. I have gotten to the point with Snuggles that when he escapes out the front door, I just let him go. I tell him, I am not going to chase you. If you get hit by a car I guess it is your own darn fault. It is so funny how we are so strict with our boys and the dogs get away with murder!! I have often felt bad for Boston all alone in his crib while the three of us share a bed. I find myself moving around to acommodate Snuggles! He has also been so needy, ever since I became pregnant again. He smells trouble. So.. how about we have a two for the proce of one sale.. a PUGGLE and and a Cairn terrier for sale and they both come with leashes and collars. I even have a big bag of food to seal the deal! (j.k. we really do love our dogs.. I have threatened this many many times though.. so let me know if you get any buyers! I love you!)

Errin said...

OHHH! is he really for sale, well for free? i know how much you guys really do love him... thats sad, im sorry he stresses you out. Have you got him fixed? that might help him calm down..

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

That sound very interseting for sure. You can email me at briellebroadhead@yahoo.com That is kinda a weird request, but could be very fun( I will try to call ya shortly- we have been busy getting clint ready for school to start)so if you email me I might be able to get back to you faster:). by the way your little dog is so cute and I think your little jack is adorable and they are probably best friends.

Sharps said...

I love you guys so much! I am cracking up! POOR Scout but believe me I understand. Copper was our world until Sammy came along! NOW she bugs me so bad!

Jenna Marie said...

Hey favorites partner! Did you get my package? I just haven't seen anything up and I've been worried that for some reason it didn't get to you! :) Let me know! Thanks again for mine!