Monday, July 7, 2008

Is Life Ever Going To Slow Down?

Yes, we just returned from Northern Utah again, believe it or not. I don't think we have stopped all summer. But I shouldn't complain we have enjoyed all of the fun, well at least I have.

Before we left to go up north we spent some time with the Goodman family at the splash park. Kashlyn and Jack are only 3 days apart. They have so much fun playing with each other. Jack was so crazy at the splash park. He loves the water.

We also got to have dinner with the Johnson's too. Sadie is close to Jacks age also. We had fun having fondue at there house and going swimming. ( no pictures of that)

Well while we were up North we celebrated Boston's 2nd birthday. His mom had 2 different parties for him. The first party Jack had a blast soaking himself in the water. Of course Boston got tons of fun toys for his Birthday. Jack and Boston had fun playing with all of the new toys. Boston was great at sharing, which is really hard for a 2 year old. We had a family party on his actual Birthday, the Fourth of July, ( cool b-day huh). Jack slept through 90% of it but he woke up just in time to open presents, again Boston got spoiled.

Josh, Shawn, Jack and I got to spend the rest of the 4th of July at the Hogle Zoo. There were so many awesome animals. We were all amazed at the zebras, giraffes, and elephants. They are such weird but cool animals. Jack enjoyed seeing all of it. He was a great little guy. He loved the ride on the carousal and the train.

We had to do fireworks before it got dark because both of the boys were exhausted. Jack could hardly contain himself, he loved them. And so did Boston.

That night we went down to Lehi to see the fireworks. It was fun to see the fam. and enjoy the show.

The next day was just as busy. Carly's neighbors had a baby shower for Carly and Jocelyn. She got a lot for cute girly things.

That night we had a 50th surprise party for my Dad. It was up in Ogden at my Uncle's restaurant. It turned out great. I think he was really surprised. He is such an awesome Dad I'm glad we could do something fun for him.

I think for the rest of the summer we will be sticking around here. We have had such a fun summer but I think we all need a break. It sure is nice to be HOME.

10 comments:

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

You guys! We live in Lehi! I wish we would have known you were up here! Scott would have loved especially to see Shawn. Oh well. We are moving to Layton this week so anytime you are up you should give us a call. We want to see Jack!

Unknown said...

You guys have been so busy! Summers are crazy. Are you coming to the scrapbook club this month? Do you and Jack want to come over and go swimming some time soon?

kate said...

Wow... You have been busy! I love the zoo.. Even tough I'm 25 years old and kidless, I still want to go there every year! :)

kate said...

p.s. We were just saying the same thing about that park.. I can NOT believe that St. George would pass code on that. They should at least have a sign warning parents.. Oh well, we had fun! :0

Taylors6 said...

My GOODNESS you guys never slow down. At first I was sad seeing the pictures knowing you were RIGHT HERE!!! But then as I read on I realized how crazy CRAZY busy you were so no worries. I'm glad you guys had a great stay. We hope to catch you next time though! Sure miss and love you guys!

Avree said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Jack is so cute!

jennie said...

That is such a good way to display a bunch of pictures! I took a million this last weekend too. Glad you guys had fun. We loved having you over! We'll have to re-do the dessert someday :)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

How much do I love you guys!! I miss you already. I know I may be a bit predjudiced, but I think our boys are the cutest things on earth!! I'll have to have you send me some copies since I am so awful at taking pictures. They were the cutest sitting on the curb watching the little fireworks.. it makes me anxious for the 24th. Maybe there is some chance, someway somehow that I can get out of work and we can come down there for the holiday. Thanks again for all you do.. you are the best sister a girl could ask for and if I knew I would have another girl next I would have another next just so Jocey could have a sister like I have. But then.. I'd have to have another boy for Boston and by the time everyone had a same sex sibling I'd probably have 7 kids... so we'll just stick with 2!

Errin said...

wow sounds like tons of fun!

TheBaumanns said...

First of all, I love your blog! I linked over from Kim's blog. :) Second - how do you put all the pictures in a little box like that? like 20 pictures together??? I need help!