Sunday, June 29, 2008

Past, Present and Future

Twenty Years ago:
Shawn: I was six, and had just moved into our red brick house in Santa Clara. Chad was almost a year old, (If anyone wondered where Jack got his blond hair and blue eyes from) I think that was the year that I would wake up and call the radio and request "We Built this City" and sit in my room and listen until it came on. Then I would call Scott Jensen, Brian Beckstrom, Tyler Wittwer, Ben Gunn or Brian Hafen, and spend the rest of the day probably inside playing nintendo or ninja turtles.
Hayley: I was Three at that point. My older sis was probably bossing me around and I probably wanted to be doing everything she was doing. I remember having this rocking horse and we would sit on it and sing "horsey horsey on our way", rocking back and forth together. I remember seeing video of me at this age being quit the jabber mouth and full of giggles. Oh the simple life!

Ten Years Ago:
Shawn: Well I just got my license, I missed the class for my birthday, so I had to wait until summer. I just got my 1972 Chevy Truck aka "RBI". My parents owned a Maaco for a couple years, so I spent most of my time there, working on my truck. We had just gotten back from our annual Lake Powell trip. Probably playing some summer baseball, and going to those sweet parties in everyones basement, where you just sat around and didn't do a whole lot, but we were sweet.
Hayley: I was thirteen. We were in the process of moving to St. George, which was huge for an eighth grader. I remember coming to St. George for the weekends, before we moved here. My Dad already worked here so we would come down to see him often. In that time we would go house hunting. It got old pretty quick, I swear we looked at every house for sale in SG. I remember My friend Johanna coming with us all the time. We would have so much fun roller blading the trail through Bloomington country club. That reminds me, back in Lehi I was really good friends with Emily "Peterson" . I remember roller blading with her. We would make "really cool" obstacle courses with side walk chalk to roller blade through.

5 Years Ago:
Shawn: I just got home from my mission three days before, and all of my friends had been back for a while, so I got thrown back into reality in a couple hours. We went to Vegas to celebrate the 4th and of course I hadn't lost a step with the ladies. Most of the girls that I was going to look up when I got home were already married and had kids by then, so I was just having fun, with no worries. I got a job selling oxygen machines for old people, that lasted about a month and then I started working with Nathan Petersen right after that. Which was much more my style, even though I got puked on just about everyday.
Hayley: I had just graduated from Snow Canyon High School. My friends and I had just got home from our senior trip to Las Vegas. I was helping teach tennis for the summer, which if I recall right I never got paid for, stupid guy! I had a boyfriend leaving on a mission, which as you can all see I didn't wait for, sorry Tyler. I spent my days laying out and hanging out with friends.

3 Years Ago:
We had been married for 6 months. We lived out in the middle of no where, at least we felt that way. I think our parents maybe came out there once in the whole year we lived out there. We met our only buddies out there, John and Molly. Shawn was commuting up to SUU , while working with his dad and Chad, in the shop. They had just taken our first "Big Job", which took them about 6 months to finish, luckily the construction on the house was really slow. Hayley was working as a receptionist for Dr. Olsen. We had just returned from an office trip to Cancun. The highlight of the trip was Hayley getting stung by the "Yellyfish." Those were the days where we would go on dates whenever we wanted to, and on Saturdays sleep in as late as we wanted to.

1 Year Ago:
Jack was a month old, we were just trying to get the hang of being a mom and dad. Getting the hang of waking up all throughout the night, well.... Hayley was anyway. We went up north for Boston's first birthday and to spend a week on the farm. It was nice to get a change of scenery, since Hayley was stuck in the house for the last month.

Yesterday:
We woke up early, and went on a long walk, cleaned the church, and went to the farmer's market, all before 9 o' clock. In the afternoon we did a little shopping, and topped it off, of course, with an Orange Peel. We came home and hopped in the pool to cool off before dinner. Grandma and Grandpa came to swim, and of course, buy us dinner. After Jack went down we played Sequence. (Which Shawn won) No... I won. Ok, fine, we tied.

Today:

We again woke up very early, actually Jack let us sleep til seven. Thats what we call sleepin in! We did our Sunday morning "long" walk. last week it was from Tonaquint park, all the way home, this week, we went up by the airport and went up and down the steep hills. We wanted to go along the Temple Quarry trail, but the stroller wouldn't quite make it. So instead we went on an awkward walk through the neighborhoods. We came home, ate breakfast, Jack napped, got ready for Church. We made it through sacrament, it only took every toy we had, all the fish crackers we own, and a long piece of rope. Ok no rope. The best part about sacrament today, was when the congregation would sing, Jack would sing at the top of his lungs, Well I am not sure you can call it singing. But Sis. Keith does, so why can't he? Hayley substitute taught for the 5 and 6 year olds, and Shawn went home to put Jack down. We ate dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Cash. G&G Lambert were up in Logan for the weekend, so we didn't get to see them.

Tomorrow:
Back to the same routine. Work for Shawn, and Hayley and Jack will do the normal routine. Eat, walk, bath, sleep, eat, play, sleep...... Its grandpa Cash's birthday on Tuesday, but we are having lunch at his work tomorrow. Steve, Kim and Kashlynn, are coming over for dinner, and swimming. And I am sure we will all be tired at that point, so we will all go to bed early.

9 comments:

Taylors6 said...

Man I love you guys. I LOVE looking at your blog but then it always makes me sad because we miss you guys so much. You seriously are the coolest friends. I wish so badly we lived close to eachother! Sure love you guys! Cute pictures!

Errin said...

thats cute! I loved it!

Unknown said...

That was a really cute post! How have you guys been doing?

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

So sute. Thanks for responding to my tag! You are such a cute family and I love thinking back to our childhood and going down memory lane. I'm counting down the days until you guys come up!! I get so excited when you come up!I can't wait to see Jack walking! You'll have to show me how to post pictures on the blog so mine aren't so boring!!They never taught me how to post pictures on a blog in college!

Sharps said...

I love your new family pictures! SOO CUTE! I love your hair too! It's been TOOO LONG! AHHH> I need a social life! Hopefully we can get together soon!

Lindsey Sharp said...

We love your family pictures!!! Hey if you can't get on our blog email me your email address at mlasharp@gmail.com and I will add you! Hope you guys are doing good. next time you are up here give us a call and maybe we can get together!

Blake Bench said...

I probably grew up in Shawn's ward and didn't even know it! Small world. (I was only 4 to 6 when we lived out in Santa Clara.) Anyway, you have such a cute family! Who did your family photos?

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Cute pictures! We miss you over here...we need to have you over sometime soon!

Kelly said...

Hey - it was fun to see you guys at Ikea the other day. I found your blog through someone - who knows - we're all interconnected now! What a cute family! I laughed out loud about Shawn calling in "We Built this City" when he was 6. I can totally picture it :)

Glad you're doing so well!