Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catchin' Up On the Good Ol' Times


Our family has been super busy for the past few weeks, well lets just say the past month. I seriously have not had a second to sit down and up date the blog.
My Grandparents have headed off to their mission so the house is really starting to feel like ours. Well, other than we have had guests since they left! Don't get me wrong we have had fun, but we were glad to have our house to ourselves last night.


Two weeks ago I think or maybe one, our friends Becky, Jason, Payton, and Cole came to stay. The Cash's will know what I mean when I say we had to use the "Cash Hotel" a.k.a. the carpeted garage, as a bed room for Payton. But he was quite the trooper. We had lots of fun just relaxing, talking and we even got to do some shopping. There were some great deals! Jack got the cutest Levi jacket for $4.99. Jack had so much fun playing with Payton. They loved riding around in the car together and playing in the bubbles. To bad it was kind of crappy weather so we didn't get to go to the park or go swimming. One night Becky, Jason, Shawn and I stayed up late talking about all of the crazy things we had done. Of course I didn't have any battle scares or war stories to tell but it was funny to hear theres. Actually I think Shawn has enough scares and stories to tell for the both of us. It was great to have them around it was weird to have you guys go and have the house quiet again.

But don't worry it didn't stay that way for long. I suddenly became a mother of 3. And I can now say I have a lot more respect for my mother. You don't know how many times in the past week I have had to make 2 different meals for dinner, load and reload the dish washer, put aways toys, and clean up spills and messes. I think I will be fine just having Jack for awhile. He keeps me busy enough. And I have a question for all of you mothers of 3 and more, when do you find time to go the grocery store. I feel like that is close to impossible with 3 children.

So I guess I should explain why I have had 2 extra children. Shawn's older sister lives in Oregon and she sent her kids here, to St. George to spend time with their Dad and Grandpa and Grandma and cousins. But... Shawn's parents are trying to get moved into their new house and their Dad just got remarried and was on his honeymoon. So that left them with me. I shouldn't complain because I have really enjoyed having them around. Sammi is a great helper with Jack. She even likes to help change diapers! She also loves to organize things, like my drawers, so... for the past few day I have been finding things in the weirdest places and I am also missing a few things, but thanks a lot Sammi my drawers look great!
As for Kyle he has kept Scout entertained. Actually for once I think Scout is worn out. Kyle also loves to play games. Any time Jack was asleep Kyle would pull out a game and beg me to play with him. He is quit competitive too. I have to admit he actually beat me at Sorry, which I'm still not sure if Shawn has done that yet. We had so much fun one night eating s'mores and playing games.
We also got to celebrate Kyle's 8th Birthday. He had a big party at Grandma Lambert's house.

We spent a lot of time at the pool too. Sammi is becoming a great swimmer, I might add. She has been practicing for Lake Powell. Well I might have complained a lot over the past week but we did have fun and I was sad to see them leave last night.

As for Jack the past few weeks have been kind of rough. He hasn't been feeling too hot. First he had a cold, then he started to get more teeth and then he had his one year old shots. But he has dealt with it all pretty well.

He still is not walking!!! But he is trying more and more each day. For his Birthday one of his Aunts sent him a whole bunch of money so he had so much fun going to Walmart and picking out whatever toy he wanted. He has been on a dragon kick lately. Jack loves to roar like a Dragon. So he picked out a really cool Dragon that roars and walks. He also got a tractor with a cow. We are headed up to Grandpa Munk's farm this weekend, so I have been trying to get him to say cow or moo but, no luck so far.

He has had so much fun playing with his cousins, and sharing his toys with them. I love the picture of him eating the whipped cream. I couldn't get him to stop whining one day, so I put him in his high chair with a big dab of whipped cream (I know really healthy, huh) I turned around for a second and he had it everywhere (Duh Mom what would you expect.) I love to put him in front of his toys and watch him play. The first thing he goes for are his cars. He, with out a doubt drives them along the floor saying vroom vroom.

He has got so fast lately I have to really keep my eye on him. Sometimes I have to put him in my sink just so I can get ready for one second. He thinks he is so funny in there.

Shawn has been working like crazy for the past month also. I feel so bad for him. He is so worn out. But it seems like he always finds time to be with us. He also got in on a few rounds of Sorry and a few dips in the pool. What an awesome guy.

6 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hayley,

So so glad you finally updated! I can see it all now.. you with 3 kids.. I think you can do it.. just maybe not instantaniously! Jack is the cutest 1 yr old I know; I really do miss him. I love to watch how excited he gets over things and to watch him eat! (and don't feel bad about the whipped cream, just yesterday I put Boston in his high chair with a cup cake after his nap. He saw them on the counter and immediately pointed saying "oooh oooh!!!" It wasn't healthy and he was a mess.. but content for 5 minutes!) I also love the picture of Jack in the sink... take advantage of that while you can because he will be able to get out of there before you know it.. you could move to the tub... but then he will learn to turn on the faucets.. and then you will have no where to put him and you can be like me and simply stop getting ready! (p.s. his face doesn't say "I think I am funny.. it says "why would my mother put me in here.. I feel stupid!"
Can't wait to see you!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

So cute hay!! Jack is adorable I want to hold him!!

Unknown said...

Wow you have been busy! Thank you for fasting with us! I can't imagine having three kids! You are amazing! We really should get together next week aand swim or do something!

The Facks of Life said...

I'm tired just hearing about it. I had them for a couple days while we were there. It was a lot of fun but I am glad I don't have an 8, 7, 6, and 3 year old all while being pregnant. Another 5 years and those three kids will all be yours. Sleep while you still can :)

Avree said...

Hayley, you are amazing! I can barely handle 1 kid, and he sleeps probably 20 hours a day! I love the sink picture, so cute!

Errin said...

wow.... 3 kids.. i dont know how our mothers did it.. mine with 5 and yours with 3... they are amazing i guess! and jack is so cute in that sink, how funny!