Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lake Powell Bums




We just got back from a fun Lambert Family trip to Lake Powell. Shawn's family has been going to Lake Powell for the past 14 years. It was fun to just relax, play in the water and soak in the sun. Jack did a lot better than we expected. He was pretty entertained with just practicing his walking inside the house boat. Jack also enjoyed being on the ski boat. He liked to stand on the back seat and watch his Dad catch some sick air on the wake board. Jack had a hard time staying awake on the ski boat though, for some reason he would fall SOUND asleep, it was the weirdest thing. We would be hitting bumps and all screaming and he would not budge. As for me I enjoyed being with Shawn and Jack, but my favorite thing was playing games. That's my favorite thing about Shawn's family, is they love to play games. We would stay up late, probably too late, playing Mormon Bridge and laughing until we were sick. I also enjoyed playing in the water with the Niece and Nephews.

We had so much fun trying to stay balanced on the tube. I ended up knocking them all off most of the time, they finally said if Aunt Hayley is on the tube then we aren't getting on, Oops. Shawn said his favorite thing about Lake Powell was just relaxing and not having to even care what time it was. He liked going on early morning hikes, and just chilling with Jack. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Lambert for taking us on a fun and relaxing summer trip.

14 comments:

Errin said...

so fun! Im glad you ended up going! Missing out on Lake Powell would be devistating!! ;)

jennie said...

Looks like a blast. You guys are having the funnest summer!

The Facks of Life said...

Oh...so jealous. I went one year...long ago and had a blast. I think I have a standing invitation to go as long as I bring my massage table and do massages while I'm there. Not happening this year! :) Glad you had fun and it was so fun to see pictures of everyone. I miss you all.

Kylee said...

Im jealous! It looks like you had so much fun!

Unknown said...

It looks like so much fun! I am glad that Jack did good! Were you able to have fun and not worry too much? That is some nice air on the wake board! That is amazing that Jack would sleep on the boat! I wish Shaylie would sleep like that! Anyways after this next week we should get together and go swimming or do something!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

So glad you guys had fun! It's good to just go for it sometimes and not think things through too much. I can't believe Jack would sleep on the boat that easily.. hilarious. He is getting so big and so cute! I can't wait to see him in less than 2 weeks! Tell him to practice his walking for aunt Carly so he can show off for me! That picture of him in the flag jammies looks a lot like Boston to me. I love our boys.... and yeah.. Boston probably wouldn't like it much if You gave him a hug and a kiss.. but I think that's exactly what you should give him for his birthday! (p.s. I really am jealous of your trip. If I didn't have a basketball of a belly I would love to go wakeboarding etc etc. someday... someday..)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

p.s. I forgot to say I love your new background.. I guess you figured it out! ALso LOVE LOVE the new family pics. I decided to just wait until Jocey gets here to get Boston/Family pics taken, but those make me excited to get them done.. ofcourse you look just as gorgeous as you always do!

tiffany and darren said...

I miss Lake Powell!! The weather looked perfect and you look too tan, you are too lucky!

The Lamberts said...

Hayley I love your new family pictures. you have a beautiful family, Lake Powell was a blast with you and Shawn.

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

i LOVE THAT YOU WENT!! THE SKI BOAT ALWAYS PUTS HOLDEN RIGHT TO SLEEP ALSO!! tHERE IS NOTHING LIKE A WEEK AT POWELL WE WILL BE THERE SOON!!!

Taylors6 said...

Oh my FREAKIN HECK!!!!!!!!!!!! Those family pictures should be in a magazine! You guys look perfect. I love love LOVE them!!!!!! So cute! And Lake Powell looks like a blast. Man you are a cute family! Sure miss you guys!

Kevyn said...

Hi Hayley, it looks like you guys had so much fun being lazy at Lake Powell, your little Jack is a doll, and you are such a cute mommy!

jodi said...

Hayley-
I'm so excited to find you blog, Carly found mine through the grapevine then I found yours! Your family is darling and it looks like you are doing so good!
Jodi (Beckstead) Johnson

Lindsey Sharp said...

oh I am so jealous!!! I don't think we will be making lake powell this year or even a boat day!!!! You guys look great!!