Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What is Jack Up To?


We have been running here and there and have had so much going on I haven't had time to write down what is new in Jack's life....

One big big big thing is he can walk. He is still slightly wobbly but he is improving everyday. He is so determined. About a week ago I was watching him from a distance and he was trying to stand up without support. He fell like 10 times. He would not give up though, he tried until he did it. I love that about Jack.

This will probably be gross or weird to most but I am finally done nursing him. I have been trying to stop for like 2 months. It wasn't Jack, he was just fine with his sippy cup of milk. It was me, I swear I am like a cow, I don't think I will ever stop producing milk. We should start a Lambert dairy around here. Gross I know.

Okay, Back to Jack. He love animals too. His very favorite animal is a Duck. He loves to say " DUCK" all of the time. He can spot a duck anywhere. My mom has a small winnie the poo bath toy and he kept picking it up and saying "DUCK" and I kept saying no that's not a duck. So I looked a little closer and sure enough there was a "DUCK" sitting on winnie the poo's lap. I guess he is smarter than me!

He also loves his dog Scout. A few months ago he would call him Scout but now he just calls him BOP. We're not to sure where it came from? Actually he calls all dogs BOP, so maybe that's Dog. He loves my parents cat too. He can also say CAT.

He loves to read books and pick out the animals. He is really snuggly lately too, which I love. At nap time he just lays his head on my chest while I read him a story and he drinks his milk, he acts like it is the best thing in the world, which I have to agree, is. He has started to give kiss. But he only gives them to himself (through the mirror) or his Mom, I've taught him well :)

Jack's other fav is cars. He loves to drive them on the floor saying vroom vroom. He got a big car for his B-day from my parents and he loves to sit or stand in it and yell VROOM VROOM. I guess we can say he is boy through and through.

Jack loves the water. His favorite thing is to go the splash park in the middle of town. He loves the shallow water. He will lay flat on his belly in the water. Jack likes the sprinklers too, he will go right up to the sprinklers and let them spray him in his face. He is the bravest one year old I know! When he is in the pool he loves to blow bubbles. It kind of scares me because he loves to dunk his head.

He says DAD every time he wakes up. Which is nice in the morning, because I always tell Shawn well it sounds like he is calling for you. He says MOM too, but not as often as DAD. When he sees my Mom or Food he say Mmmmmm.... My Mom always gives him food that's probably why those two are connected.

Jack pulls the funniest faces. He likes to push his lower jaw forward, we call it his Scout impersonation. (Scout has a big under bite) He normally does it when he is concentrating. Jack loves to pull a fish face also. Funny kid!

Just today Jack has started to stand in front of his high chair and wine to get up there. I think that means he is hungry. I have been trying to teach him sign language so he will communicate with me more, but he has yet to do much of it. My Grandparents gave me a book about baby signing and I have been trying to read and apply that and I just ordered some signing time movies off eBay. So we will see if they work.

He is a great little guy. I have so much fun with him every day. Jack makes the smallest adventures fun. I wish it would cool down a bit so we could play outside more. But we have fun going to the splash parks, swimming in the pool, and staying inside with the air conditioning.

4 comments:

Errin said...

WAITTTTTTTTTTT! he can walk now?? Im so sad im missing this.. we really need to hang out SOON!

Avree said...

He sounds like the cutest little guy! It makes me want mine to start doing stuff, he's still kind of a blob right now! Also, I understand about feeling like a milk-cow, good job on drying up, I'm already looking forward to the time when I can start that process!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I love my little nephew so much! I wish I could see him everyday and all of the cute things he does. He does the best vroom vroom I have ever heard! It is nice when they start pulling out their high chair. Boston does that all the time, but it means I have to have a meal ready at a moments notice and he doesn't eat with us often because he doesn't understand waiting to eat. When he's hungry he's hungry that's it. I'm proud of you for nursing Jack as long as you have and for your sake I'm glad you finally dried up. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to that year long adventure again or not?! Thanks again for the hooter hider and for fixing my bedding. You are the best sister ever!

Unknown said...

That is awesome he can walk. He has learned so many new things since I have seen him. I was laughing so hard at your nursing bit :) What is it with dunking their heads in the water? Shaylie tries to do that too. Cute post it was fun to hear what Jack has learned! Oh and i just ordered the signing time videos too.