Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Soaking Up the Sun

This story is told from my point of view, well kind of....





This is my friend Alice. She came to the park with me today. She is a little bit older than me but we are good friends. Alice can walk and I thought it was so funny to see her walking around. Sometimes I even laughed. It was fun at the park but it was super hot. My favorite part about the park was the happy meal my mom bought me. I love to eat. I figured out how to drink from a straw today, good thing because it was hot and I was thirsty. I had to teach Alice that it wasn't scary in the swing. She was scared at first but when she saw me swing she wasn't scared any more. Thanks for meeting me at the park it was super fun. See ya next time.

I headed home and took a long nap. Playing in the sun is a lot of hard work. When I woke up My mom told me that my friend Sadie was coming over. Well... to tell the truth I've never met her, but my mom says she's pretty cool. Sadie's mom use to work with my mom and her dad served his mission with my dad, weird huh. Right when Sadie got to my house my mom gave her a cheerio and she coked on it. It was scary, but don't worry she coughed it up and she was fine. I got to have strawberries for dinner. Strawberries are my favorite. As you can see I get really messy when I eat them, so my mom makes me eat them naked. I don't really care because I think I look really tough with my shirt off.

We got to go back to the park after dinner. It was a lot cooler but there were so... many people! I finally got a turn on the swing and my mom had this great idea to put me and Sadie in the same swing. I guess it was cool.

I got to go down the little slide all by my self. I like to go down on my tummy. The best part about this park trip was when me and Sadie got to go down the slide with our mom and dad. It was really fast and Sadie and I were really scared, but not as scared as my dad and her mom. Oh boy it was a fun day.

8 comments:

Avree said...

Wow Jack, it looks like you had a great day! Hayley, you crack me up, your little boy is so adorable!

Unknown said...

That was such a cute post! I loved the way you wrote it!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Love the post! Looks like Jack had a really big day! He is getting soooooo blonde and looking so grown up! I can't wait to see him this weekend!! I wish it was as warm here as it is down there. I saw a lady with twins do that double thing with the swing the other day and was in awe because I never thought of it before! Oh he is so cute!!!!

jennie said...

Oh my heck, that was so funny! I laughed so hard! oh, yeah, if you want to email some pics, my email is brettandjennie@hotmail.com
Thanks again for having us over. We had a ton of fun and it was so good to see you guys and catch up! It's fun to have Sadie play with someone that is closer to her age. Cute pictures...except the one of me!!! :) ha ha

Errin said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun, we really should get together soon.

Amber said...

Oh my goodness!! Jack is sooo handsome!!!!!!!

Molly said...

What cute kiddies! I swear they must have some good looking parents. J/K =) It was so fun to come play at the park. We'll have to do it more often.

Ben & Kirsten said...

I love the story told through Jack! (sorta) that is so creative. I'm so glad you have such a fun time as a little new family! :)