Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Started Thinking


I have been preparing my lesson for Sunday, it's about journal writing! Which could be a very boring subject for teenage girls... But it's made me reflect on all the things that I miss writing down, and it made me sad that I might forget how wonderful my life is right at this moment. I wish I could hire someone to follow me and Jack around to photograph and write down our days, not that it would be of any interest to anyone but me and maybe Jack, but I can see us getting together twenty years from now on the couch and reminiscing about all of the crazy thing we use to do and and what a funny kid he was.
Jack is such a little character, he makes me laugh all day long. I love to watch his mind think and grow. I have said this time and time again, but I wish I could capture time in a bottle, and relive it when I chose too.
Jack and I went out to lunch with my Mom yesterday, as I was taking Jack out of his car seat I had this overwhelming feeling of love for him. I love that he is mine and that We created him, and the best part is he looks up to me for so much, and at least for now he thinks I'm cool and that I can solve nearly any problem, Man that feels good.
I love when he hasn't seen me for a few minutes and he comes searching for me, he get so excited even if it has only been a second! One of my favorite thing that he does right now is ask me "Mom What Doing" with real intent of find out what I am doing. When I tell him he is always so interested!
I love his excitement/fear when he finds a bug, and now he tells me, "Mom stomp it" as he squirms and watches from behind my leg. Last night as I was putting him in the tub he started to scream "A BUG!!!" I looked down and sure enough there was a bug in the tub, and it was alive, which scared me more. So I screamed, which in return scared him to death... Then he burst out into tears as he held onto my leg for dear life shaking and screaming "MOM STOMP IT", Oops...

One last Jack favorite, he love to tell me what people say, let me explain... His Ganga says "S-T-R-E-T-C-H" eveytime she puts lotion on him, so he says "Gangs say S-T-R-E-T-C-H-" or "Kash says, A tire A tire" (there is a story behind why but it's too long), or "Buzz say toinfinityandbyon" ( to infinity and beyond) or "Woody says Yeehaa" Simple, Yes but darling... LIFE is GREAT and I am glad I took a moment to right these things down, now back to the lesson, yeah...

2 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Wouldn't it be great if we could capture our kids in a bottle. I too LOVE Jack with all my heart. He brings so much joy to our family. Boston talks about when you guys came up every single day and always wants to see Jack. I love their instant connect, despite Boston's social challenges. I know I sound selfish when saying this, but just never ever ever take those little things he does for granted. I am so grateful Boston can talk. Everyday I am grateful, even if he repeats things over and over and talks more than any kid I know, I am grateful for every word. Jack is one amazing little boy and I will love watching him grow. I am so glad I talked you into letting Mom and Dad bring him up next weekend. I miss him.

Avree said...

You always do such cute posts! I love hearing about Jack, the bug story cracks me up! If you're feeling guilty about not journal-writing you should make your blog into a book. My sister did it for me for Christmas at blurb.com and she said it was way easy and inexpensive. I think I'm going to make a book from my blog every year so I don't have to feel to guilty about my sporadic journal writing!