Sunday, June 28, 2009

CAMPING




After a 3+ hour nap I can now say I/we had a great time camping for the last 4 days! I have been privileged to have been called to be in Young Womens for the past 5 years that I have been out of Young Womens. ( did that all make sense?) I love being in with the girls, but each year when Girls Camp rolls around I try to think up some excuse to get out of it! This year I failed! I will admit that I am not a big fan of full out camping. But I put on my happy face and it wasn't too bad. Luckily we have a great group of girls and the fun leaders too! ( there weren't any pictures of girls camp worth posting)

The camping didn't end there! Luckily I got a shower in between but that was about all! I was not raised camping at all!!! I do remember camping one time as a family and leaving at about 11:00 pm heading home, we just weren't meant to camp! So I am not too sure why all the sudden My Parents have had this itch to camp lately. We had my Dads older Brother John, his wife Debbie and my cousins Angiee and Chelsea and my Bro. Josh meet us up at Pine Valley. And again I have to admit it was more fun than I planned on having! Jack loved being out in the open and just being dirty! I feel bad that we live this close to Pine Valley and don't go up there often, it is so beautiful. Everything went great until night came! Lets just say that we need to practice sleeping in the tent with Jack a bit more before we attempt the next camping trip! I dare say all three of us had the worst night of sleep we have EVER had! At 5:30am we packed up and headed home!!!! So back to the 3 hour nap, it was greatly needed by all of us!!!

7 comments:

Niels and Kayla said...

I love camping, and those pictures are so cute! How fun!

kate said...

Fun! That looks so relaxing right now! ;)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Yeah.. what's up with Mom and Dad.. our family doesn't camp. Is Dad going to start watching football next? I'm sorry I missed the trip.. actually NO I'm really glad I missed it and got to sleep warm and snug in my bed. Jack is too cute for his own good.

davenportreport said...

Hayley, that first picture is amazing! Try marrying a camper - you just go camping - it's what you do. Convince Shawn to get a tent trailer. Furnace, running water, mattresses. Camping in style...

JR and Brynn said...

Great pictures. You look way too good for going on 4 days of camping, Hayley.

Amber said...

You guys need to seriously stop!! You are such a cute family I can't get over it!!! Jack is seriously the cutest little boy ever!! You make me want to have a little boy!!

Kevyn said...

Hayley,what great camping pictures. I can't get over how cute you are. You are so photogenic! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love it when I see your name on my comments. Tyler does seem really happy right now, I'm so glad to!