Thursday, June 18, 2009

Favorite Lambert Family Tradition




We are sad to see the Lake Powell Tradition come to an end! Shawn's Family has been going to Lake Powell, the second week in June for the last 14 years (I might be off it could be longer.) It has always been a highlight of the summer! They have now decided to still get together that same week in June but do something else! We will see what the next year brings!

So without further ado here are some highlights of the LAST year at Lake
Powell!Always Beautiful Scenery!!! (which Shawn and his Dad have been known to always capture)

Playing in the cold yucky lake. I love and hate that part!

Shawn entertaining everyone with his amazing talent of landing on the walrus from the slide!

The couples hike!

Camp fires and smores!



And my favorite part is playing games. We had a very heated game of Mafia, so fun! Check out Mindy's face, she is such a liar good thing we teamed up on her and put her in her place :)


It was a hard decision not to bring Jack, but it was nice not to have to worry about him constantly, and every mom and Dad needs a break every once in a while. Thanks Mom and Dad for watch my little munchkin, and thanks Carly for letting them come and visit.

We were sad to say goodbye to Lake Powell. It will be some of our fondest summer memories. Thanks Mom and Dad for the good times.
We hope to have traditions that last that long with our kids.




6 comments:

kate said...

Fun tradition. I always wished to be married into a "lake family" alas it did not happen. No worries though! :)

On another note, I was at the S.G. townsquare park yesterday, and I saw this really cute blonde going into the library. I was thinking "her hair is cute, I wished mine would look like that." and then I realized it was you. You were to far away to say hello, but I thought I would just put that out there! ;)

JustLivingMYLife said...

wow that looks like so much fun. i have still yet to go to lake powell which i think is very sad lol

those pictures were a ton of fun! and mafia is an awesome game haha, it can get pretty crazy though thats for sure!

Sharps said...

OKAY girl! Where did you get your SWEET tank top!!! I LOVE IT! YOU guys look so dang cute and tan too. It has been YEARS since I have been to the Lake and I grew up 45 minutes from there. Sad Sad. SOOO FUN!

Nat B. said...

I am so stinken jealous...I LOVE Lake Powell and haven't been since the kids came along.(11 years) I miss it and your pictures make me REALLY miss it!

Lacy J. said...

Looks like you had a blast! What a fun tradition to have!

JR and Brynn said...

Sooooo unbelievably jealous! Looks awesome!! So fun playing with you this week, Hayley.