Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Proud Owners Of A 2 year old!




Yep believe it or not JACK is 2!!!! And boy did we celebrate! Passing down the tradition from my Mom, not only did we have a "day" of celebration, but a full week! Shawn had a to install cabinets in Las Vegas on Jack's Birthday, so instead of him missing the big day we packed our bags and went with him. Jack and I hung out at the pool, the arcade and took extra long naps, it was had a blast! Shawn got to choose what we did that night. We ate at Macyo's (Mexican restaurant) then we went to play games at Circus, Circus, completely against my will!

Trying out the new boat! (we left his gifts at home so we had to snag this boat so he had something to open, he thought it was great!)


Eating dinner


Jack was so shy when they sang to him. I love that little face!



But not shy when it came to blowing out the candle and eating the ice cream!



We then had to wait until Saturday for the BUG PARTY! Everyday he would ask me about it! The conversation would go like so....
(Me) Hey Jack what kind of a party are we having???
(Jack) 2
(Me) yeah you are 2 now but what kind of party are we going to have?
(Jack) Bug Party!!!!
(Me) Who is going to come?
(Jack) BOSTON!!!
(Me) yep and who else?
(Jack) Sadie, Gongo, Bompa!!!
(Me) And what are we going to do at the party?
(Jack) Ladybug, cake, blow!!!

Which was all true

Jack helping prepare!


Not only did Boston, Sadie, Gonga and Bompa show up, but all of his cute little buddies and supportive family!


And yes there were lady bugs, real ones and they all loved to catch them.


And what is a Birthday Party without cake and candles!


HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY JACK!!!



Jack,
This past year has been the best year of my life, maybe that is why it has flown by way too fast! I have enjoyed every second I have spent with you Jack. Your energy makes me happy, and you make life so enjoyable. Like my Dad use to tell me, "When I grow up someday I want to be just like you." I hope I will someday have the energy and pure love of life, just like you Jack! Thanks for letting me be your MOM, Love Ya!

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

You are so cute! What fun! Happy Birthday, Jack!

Errin said...

The party looked awesome, Im bummed I missed out. I love the cupcakes!!!

Avree said...

Happy birthday to Jack! Hailey, he is seriously one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen! I just can't get over his white hair and cute smile! I thought the picture at the restaurant while they were singing to him was so cute!

Niels and Kayla said...

He is so cute!! Happy Birthday Jack!! Your invites were darling by the way, what a fun theme!!

Jenna Marie said...

What a cute idea for a party! I loved it! Happy Birthday Jack!

Sandy said...

I can't believe he is already two..happy birthday Jack :) It looks like he had a fun party! It was good seeing you guys the other night!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

So glad we could be there. In about 6 weeks I'll tell Jack he's the cutest 2 year old I know..then Boston will be 3 and we'll party again. I sure love that little boy of yours so some way somehow we have to see you again soon!!

tracy layne said...

Happy Birthday little Jack! Wow, it is almost scary how fast time is going by now... You guys are such a cute, FUN family. I love how easy it is to see how much you guys love that little guy, I love seeing how happy you guys are! Goosebumps :)

Kim said...

Sorry we had to skip out early, Kash was struggling. It's a good thing we left too because apparantley what she had was contagious and steve is getting his taste of it. She probably was past the contagious stage, but better safe than sorry. The party was a blast, thanks.

Jessica Reeves said...

I can't believe he is 2 already!! He is so cute! Looks like such a fun party! We should get together soon!

Emily said...

I can't believe it has been two years already! Such a cute boy, and way to go with the party. It looked like a lot of fun!

JR and Brynn said...

Such a darling post! What an exciting celebration. I totally love that he said, "Ladybug, cake, blow." So cute! It was all so fun. Thanks for including us. We sure love Jack.

♥Shally said...

They grow up too fast!!

Cute bug theme- love the bug catchers and cupcakes!

Hey- on another note...who was the photographer that took your family pictures?

Shums said...

oh my gosh, i can't believe he's 2! that means landon is almost 2... great. you guys need to get down here soon, we miss you!