Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

Our friends John, Molly and Alice talked us into making our first "family trip to Disney Land." It was so fun. They about backed out the morning of, because John woke up really really really sick but he went to the emergency room and found out that he had kidney stones! All was better by 9:00 or so, and amazingly enough they packed up and still came! Which we were so glad because it wouldn't have been nearly as fun with out them! I love Disney Land but seeing it through a child's eye makes it that much better. Jack had a blast, every time I ask him what his favorite ride was he says " neigh, neigh" (the carousel) go figure the most simple ride was his favorite! But he also loved the Nemo ride, driving the cars, and running around toon town, dumbo and the jungle cruise! Shawn and I got to go on one adult ride, we figured you can't go to Disney land with out going on SPLASH MOUNTAIN! We got totally drenched but it was fun! By 8:00 Jack was beyond exhausted, which resulted in crazy dancing! There was a band playing and instantly he wanted down, he must of got his moves from his Dad, they were crazy! He had a crowd gathered in seconds. We ended the day with fireworks, which Jack was enthralled with.

The next day we headed over to California Adventure. I had a few people tell me not to waste our time there because there would be nothing for Jack, but I am glad I put there opinion aside because we all agreed that we love Disney Land because, I guess there's not a better way to put it , it's Disney Land. But California Adventure was way more up Jack's Ally. I wish I could have captured the moment in a bottle when he saw McQueen and Mater. He would have been satisfied to sit there all day with the two of them! The bugs life area was a blast, maybe because we didn't have to wait in any lines, that was nice. Jack enjoyed the play house Disney show! And had Jack taken a better nap the Pixar parade would have been a blast but he was slightly sleepy but still very entertained. The last ride of the day was the Woody ride, it was a super long long long line but such a great ride I am glad that we waited!

The last day we spent an hour or so at the beach! Jack and Alice loved the sand, but weren't big fans of the super cold water. They both loved to be free and run and play.
By the end we were very very very sick of the car but, I wish that it wasn't over, I guess we will just have to start planning the next trip!!!!

10 comments:

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

That looks like so much fun. We are planning on taking Molly this summer, but couldnt decide if we wanted to do the California Adventure thing. What would you think about it? Did the little girl like it? Anyways, looks like you guys had a blast- Did you just do one day in each park?

Kimberly said...

What fun memories!! Ken and I went there for our honeymoon. CA Adventure had just opened up. We had such a blast and I can't wait to take our kids!!!!! I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Errin said...

HOW FUN!!!! We are going in May and we are so excited!!!

Niels and Kayla said...

how fun! i just love disney land, Very Jealous!

Avree said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Jack watching the fireworks, he looks so amazed! Seeing all these pictures makes me excited to tak Spencer when he's older, glad you guys had fun!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I have been waiting for these pictures! Yes... let's just start planning the next trip!! I don't care how much debt we have to go into to go there, we are going!!! Jack is so stinking cute. I wish I could have seen his dance moves. I miss him. Easter can't come soon enough. We ARE going to Disneyland with you guys for sure by the end of the year. Can you just imagine the combined excitement of Boston and Jack over McQueen and Mater!!! Boston even gets excited about his Mcqueen and Mater underwear! So glad you guys had a great time!

Kirsten said...

How fun! Disneyland really is the happiest place. My mom doesn't understand how Ben and I were able to go on a weekly basis when we lived there-but honestly how could you NOT?! I loved looking at the pictures, it's like being there again! And how fun to see it through Jack's eyes! :)

jennie said...

Fun! You got lots of cute pictures. Yeah, that would be a long drive, especially with kids. So I bet there were still plenty of things for Jack's age right? Looks like he had tons of fun, so that's cool you went!

Aubrey said...

We just went their last week and we totally agree that California Adventure is way better for toddlers... if only they had the carousel over there running.Looks like you had a blast!

Jessica Reeves said...

I love Disneyland! What a fun trip!