Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President OBAMA!

History in the making..... The inauguration was such a neat thing to watch today. I don't remember watching any others in the past. I am proud to be an American, our country is amazing. How blessed I am to be born here. Even though I consider myself to a republican I have always kind of liked OBAMA! Of course there are a few things that I disagree with... But I think he will be a great President. And wow what a big job he has. I can not imagine the stress he has got to be feeling. I could see it in Bush's eyes as he got on that plane, he was done, He had fought and done all he could do. I admire Bush's poise as he passed the Title down to Obama. They both seemed so mature, knowing that they had completely different views they definitely had respect for one another. A great trait in both. I really fear what our country will face in the coming years.... it actually terrifies me. I think Obama has good intentions, I hope we can all pull together and get our country out of the financial mess we are in. But with that said... I think of this past week when that plane went down in the Hudson River and how heroic those people were, and how each one of them cared about the survival of the passenger next to them. What an amazing story... Okay that was kind of random. But it just made me realize that no matter what our country faces we are amazing... And I feel lucky to be a part of all of it!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Well put, Hayley! You are so right...we fight and squabble over silly little things, but when it really comes down to the important things, we would (and have) defended each other to the death! It's a lot like brothers and sisters...we nit pick each other, but if someone else starts to pick on any of us, there's no limits to what we would and could do!

Kevyn said...

Hayley, you are so patriotic, I love it. And I also loved watching all those people stand on the wings of that plane, and it was so cool that they were safe! What an amazing, uplifting story. By the way, I wanted to remind you that "Lost" was on tonight. I know you love Heroes, but I can't remember if you like "Lost" or not!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Nice Hay, I agree, but I wish you wouldn't have posted teh picture of the plane sicking. I have very purposefully avoided looking at any pictures from that story because my fear of flying is bad enough. I hope I can sleep tonight. No vacations that require flying for me in the near future. I would not have been one of those helping other passengers. I would have curled up in the fetal position and screamed my head off!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

o.k. I really can spell "the" and "sinking"