Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Run Run Run as Fast As You Can....


So to add to our busy Easter weekend Shawn talked me into running the 5k run for kids on Saturday. I use to be in shape, and a 5k seemed like nothing, but then I had Jack and the running days came to a halt. Shawn has started to pick up running again (which I am really proud of him) and so it has started to SLOWLY rub off on me. Slowly being key. So I am going to boast about myself, I ran the whole 5K along with my sister-in-law Mindy and finished 3rd in my age group! I'm leaving out the time I got because it was really slow (there must not have been too many fast 20-25 year olds in the race) But hey I have ran in quit a few races and never got a medal so, who cares what my time was, right! Shawn did a great job and killed me by 10 min I think! Shawn is also doing a triathlon this weekend so I will keep you posted on that. I wanted to do it also but it was 35.00 dollars and Shawn gave me the option of signing up or buying a new swimming suit, so like any smart girl would do, I opted for the swimming suit!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats on your race! I'm impressed! Hope you get a really cute suit! ;) The pictures of Jack on Easter were just adorable!! What fun colors on such a cute kid!

Niels and Kayla said...

Good Job!! I am no runner by any means..kuddos to you two!!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hay,

I am so proud of you. I could never even dream of actually running a 5K, let alone winning any sort of a medal. You are my hero! Also, $35 bucks for a suit?? You're smart in more ways than one..I just spent $75!!