Tuesday, February 3, 2009

JACK 101



In complete random order....

1. Jack simply asks us about something such as "MEMO" (Nemo) and continues to repeat it until we comment back with such thing as "Nemo?" then quickly turns it around as if we asked him by saying "K" Which means great idea Mom and Dad I would love to watch Nemo! Jack the manipulator.

2. Jack has also suddenly become very interested in training scout. He tells him "down" all the time, which I appreciate, because he needs to be told. Jack also likes to get out the treats for Scout to do tricks but, Jack forgets that I'm telling Scout to do the tricks, not him, so Jack sits and lays for me, but then he expects me to give him the treat also.

3. Jacks new fav. is coloring. That is the first thing that he says when he wakes up and the last thing he mentions before he goes to bed. He loves to tell me the colors of different things, and he is getting pretty good at it. But if I ask him what color something is the first reply without at doubt is "Yellow" then he will think about it for a second then answer correctly.

4. We have this movie that teaches the colors. It is super annoying and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but, Jack enjoys it. There is one point that they sing the color Yellow for like a minute, like I said annoying but Jack loves to sing along with it, with such an intent face. Super funny to see, not very funny to write about.

5. This story has got a lot of mileage, but for memory reasons here we go... On Christmas eve Jack kept coming to me saying Hawn, Hawn. I had no idea what he was saying. He would run around the house like he was looking for something, still saying Hawn, Hawn.... This went on and on throughout the day and the next, until I was putting him to bed on Christmas night and I needed Shawn to get something for me so I yelled " Shawn" and Jack quickly piped in Hawn Hawn. Wow I guess I better watch what I say... he is listening.

6. This is my favorite Jack thing right now. He loves to sing BEAM, in Jesus wants me for a sunBEAM. He says Beam so darling, and in rhythm. He also like to finish the ABC song with a very enthusiastic ME!

7. He now get what we are doing when we take a picture, so he now says "CHEEEEESE" and pulls some great poses.

8. He thinks he is way smart and loves to write letters on all of his papers, they don't look like letters but he will tell you that they are.

9. He love me to help him write words, such as DAD, MOM, MACK, MATER, and DOC, yes he is still obsessed with CARS.

10. He has this little stool that he takes around the house so he can see what I am doing, he places it next to the counter and climbs up and peeks over the counter. The only bad thing is he also does it when I am not around. He has had a great time getting things that I think are out of reach!

11.The most annoying one by far is "on, on, on" to anything that can turn on, like a TV, an Ipod, and even our digital frame has to be on. You can only imagine or electricity bill!!! I am hoping this one won't last too much longer.

10 comments:

Errin said...

wow, he is so big, I havent seen him in a while, We really need to hang out! :)

Kimberly said...

How cute! Reading this brought back so many memories of Taysum at that age...and things to "look forward to? again" with Bailey! :) Taysum did the whole calling Ken by his name thing too for awhile! It didn't last too long. :) Taysum is also good at ordering our dog, Tempo around, too. Nothing like a little boy and his dog! You guys are so cute...this is so great to be able to keep up on your life! You should check out my post on "Miss Mess and Mr. Mischief" and you'll see some REALLY "fun" things to look forward to! ;) Sorry for the novel...I just think it's great to see I'm not alone in "kid world!"

Unknown said...

You always do the cutest posts! He sounds like he is so smart!

Avree said...

That was such a cute post! It's so fun to hear the cute things Jack does, it makes me excited for Spencer to start showing signs of intelligence! :)

Melissa said...

Hayley! Yay I love finding new friend and them finding me! I'm very new at blogging but I love it. Jack makes me want a little boy SO BADLY! He is just adorable, just like I knew your babies would be. Your family looks great. So good to hear that you're doing good. I can't believe I'm going to have a little Jack in about 4 months! Crazy. I can't wait. Thanks for finding us. Tell shawn hi and give Jack a hug.

According to Ana said...

I love Jack even though i have not meet him. He sounds so funny. Maybe him and layla should have a play date

Kim said...

Kash does the whole "k" thing too its way funny/ I cant believe how big they are getting. Its fun though

Nat B. said...

What a funny kid! How old is Jack now? Seems like he was just born a few months ago. Time flies!! That is pretty good he knows his colors. He looks a lot like Shawn in some of those pics.

Nat B. said...

I just saw your countdown of how old Jack is. He IS a little smarty pants! Looks like Landon is 4 months younger than him. We might have to get them together to play sometime.

Kevyn said...

Hayley, don't forget to watch Heroes tonight!