Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis' the Season



Well... the holidays are coming fast. I feel like my days are flying by. I love this time of the year and hate to see it come and go so fast. So does anyone know how to slow it down for me???

Jack has now decided he only needs one nap, which is good and normal for an 18 month old, but his Mom doesn't have the time she use to have so our house is a little more messy, I stay in my pajamas way to long in the morning and stuff like blogging gets put one the back burner. But we have a lot more time to play and learn. So the good out ways the bad.

I love the feeling of the house when it is decorated for the Holidays. We have the tree up and have yet to have any major tragedies, but Jack is very interested in the "balls". (He actually helped me decorate. He thought the tree would look better with "Cars" in it.) The stockings are hung by this darling coat rack that my talented husband just threw together! The lights are hung outside and there are little hints of Christmas decor everywhere.

We have been trying to teach Jack about the true meaning of Christmas, I would like to instill it in his little head before he gets bombarded with all of the " Santa stuff". He can identify Jesus, well the older Jesus, but when I try to tell him that the baby in the manger is Jesus he's slightly confused, he points to Joseph and says "Jesus". I understand the confusion there.

Jack started nursery 3 weeks ago and it has opened a whole can of worms. I remember saying not too long ago, Jack is so good at going to anyone he isn't a moma's boy at all. Well that came back to bite me. The first week I guess went okay I left him in there and they didn't come and get me so.... but the 2nd week he started screaming before we walked through the door and it went all down hill from there. So... any advice???? He now cries if he can't see me in the house! What a stinker.Jack's little buddy Abby gets to come over a few afternoons out of the week and now that Jack isn't taking an afternoon nap they get to play together. It is so funny to watch them interact. I took them out to play in the leaves in our side yard. They had a ball running around the tree playing peek-a-boo but the best was when Jack talked Abby into eating the leaves. He kept bringing them to her and finally she open her mouth so Jack shoved them right in. He looked at her like aren't they good? She continued to eat it.... but she had a funny look on her face. Jack was satisfied and continued to try and feed her again but Abby got smarted and kept her mouth shut. Wow that probably wasn't entertaining to anyone but me!

Well that's about it....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Logan had a couple rough weeks in nursery, but now he's jumping out of my arms when I have barely even opened the door. It may take a while, but Jack will get through it, he's just going through a normal attachment phase. He's such a cute little boy.

Avree said...

Jack cracks me up! I don't know what to tell you about nursery, I have no idea about that sort of thing, but good luck! I love the coat rack shawn made, he's so talented! Glad you're having so much fun with Christmas!

Errin said...

We seriously need to get together! I miss you and Jack! I feel like he is a totally diferent little boy since I havent seen him in a month! What a cutie! And I love the coat rack! Its awesome! And Your tree is gorgeouse, even with the race cars!

Molly said...

You're lucky Jack has taken two naps this long! Ben has been taking just 1 for months! I really can't complain though, because he sleeps so well at night.

Darci said...

So cute is he. I can't believe how long it has been. Good to see Shawn at Wallyworld. Hey when is a girl coming:)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Ahh the nursery and the Momma's boy. I know those days all too well. I'm telling you consistancy is key. Just keep taking him and eventually he will love it. Don't stay in there with him and one thing that helped us a lot was having JT drop him off instead of me since he is more attached to me. Love that he needs you though. Even though it makes me sad when Boston histarically screams Mohhey (Mommy) when I leave I love it because I know he loves me back. I love Jack stuffing the leaves in Abbey's mouth.. laughed my head off about that one. He is so funny!