Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas In a Nut Shell


Well..... where to start, hmm... Christmas has come and gone way to fast, I guess like it does every year. We had a blast spending time with our wonderful families. We were sad to see it all come to a close, but before we know it it will be back again. Shawn's sister and Brother-in-law and kids made the long trek to spend two weeks with us over the holiday break. It made it so fun and we felt complete with them here.

I love to host parties at our house so we had a fun family night on the Monday before Christmas. We all (24) including my parents, Grandpa and Grandma Munk, Grandpa Munks brother and his wife, Grandma Lambert and ALL of the rest of Shawn's family!!! Our house was packed. We had dinner and a short little program. Shawn helped the grand kids do a play about "The first Christmas" It was darling and made us all feel the true Christmas spirit. Jack had to get in on the act too... even though he didn't have a part every time it got at all quiet he had to let out a loud scream. I have a feeling we have a boy that likes the attention, watch out!

Jack had fun visiting our neighbors and delivering them there Christmas Gifts. He was so content just sitting in the wagon eating his popcorn. Luckily we have a really small neighborhood because it was cold!!!

Christmas morning was so perfect!!! Jack woke up and fully enjoyed his darling train table Santa brought him. I can't imagine a cuter conductor. Santa was very talented at our house this year! Santa didn't stop with the train table he also made me an entry table, which I can't stop looking at. I tried to match that project by making Shawn a T-shirt quilt, it turned out pretty good, but it doesn't compare! We got so many wonderful gifts.... I feel so blessed and appreciate all that was given to us.

It was our year with Shawn's family. We got to spend a fun Christmas eve with my family and a bit of Christmas morning. The rest of the day was spent with the Lamberts. We had fun just being together. The kids got a Wii for Christmas and I think that the adults had more fun with it than the kids. As a matter of fact my arms are still sore! We had fun all opening presents together and ended the night with round of games. It was a blast!

We ended our celebration with one last party. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the Olsen family Christmas party. We always get together at Grandpa and Grandmas house. I love it, we have done my whole life. We always end the night with the family video that has been compiled over the years. What a cool tradition and I love that even though we all have busy lives we can still get together once a year. This year we ended the night with a bang, Aunt Juli did a hilarious lip sink to Beyonce. She is Crazy and we love it. She can always make us laugh and bring so much life to the party!!!

We got to spend a VERY short amount of time with Carly, JT, Boston and Jocelyn while we were up north. We got to take the boys on a quick sledding adventure. It was fun but really really cold. Especially for us thin blooded people from St. George. Jack liked it on the first two runs but then he took a spill head first in the snow and then he was done, done, done. Well it was fun while it lasted.

I love being with family and friends and doing all of the fun traditions....I look forward to it throughout the whole year but, I think the thing I miss the most when it is all over is the closeness I feel to Christ. No matter how hard I try it still just isn't the same as it is around Christmas. The Micheal McLean song sums it up well "I cry the day the day they take the tree down" It's kind of cheesy but I too wish this feeling could last all year long.

4 comments:

Errin said...

OH MY GOSH!! I LOVE the table he built you! I cant get over how pretty it is! Jared loves it too! Good Job SHAUN!

Sharps said...

What in the junk!!! YEAH Jordon whittled me a piano...and I sewed him a new jacket...YEaH RigHT:) CRAZY talented you two are!!! Glad you had fun!!! WE WILL SEE YOU SOON!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I loved this post and I loved seeing you guys even if it was rather briefly. Jack is the cutest and I just want to eat him up every time I see him. Boston will love coming to Jack's house to play with the new train table! It's gorgeous and I agree with the Sharps, how would it be to just say... "Hey, I'll make my spouse a new bedroom set, new dinning set, new house in my spare time and she can make all the linens, drapery, rugs, and clothes in her spare time and she'll still find the time and talent to throw an amazing party for 24 people! If we would have attempted those gifts, my finger would still be in the sewing machine at some sewing place (because you would never find a sewing machine in my house!) and JT would be in a pile of wood with a thousand splinters crying. You guys are beyond amazing, and I am grateful for IKEA.

Molly said...

How funny- I was going to make Dev a T-shirt quilt this year too, but he still wants to wear all those shirts! Maybe when we're in our 40's...

Beautiful table!