Sunday, February 28, 2010

Look Again

It's another book review... Apparently we have been doing a bit of reading around the house! I just finish a book titled, "Look Again" by Lisa Scottoline. It is a great book, I loved it because it taught me about being a Mother. The best line in the book comes at the end when she writes, " I have learned that the love a mother has for her child is unique among human emotions... And though, as his Mother, I certainly felt tired at times, I never tired of looking at him. I never tired of watching him eat. I never tired hearing the sounds of his voice or the word he made up... I never tired of seeing him play with legos...  Here is how a Mother's love is different: You may fall out of love with Man. But you will never fall out of love with your child....

This past Friday was one of those "Challenging Mom Days." I changed Jacks paints four time, before it was 12 o'clock. He got into everything he could possible find in the house that would make me upset, he popped the top of his orange juice and shook it all over the back of my car.... If you happened to have run into me that day you probably heard some not so nice things! Needless to say I am giving up on the potty training, after 9 months, and my car got a much needed overhaul. But thank heavens I had just finished this book the day before, and I realized that I love Jack more than I will ever be able to show. And no matter if I have to clean up poop and orange juice mess everyday, I wouldn't give up one second I get to be with JACK. It is like she said my love for Jack is,"unique among human emotions." It's not really something that is explainable, just something felt deep down inside. I am so lucky to be a mom, especially Jacks mom.

4 comments:

Avree said...

I'll have to read that book, it sounds good. I'm sorry the potty training isn't going so well. Don't feel bad, we all have those days. I think sometimes we're a little too hard on ourselves because in our church we learn that being a wife and mother is the most important thing we can do (which I agree with!) but then when it's not always bliss we feel guilty for not thinking it is. Anyways, Jack is a cutie and I can tell you are such a good mom!

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

You are such a cute Mommy, Jack is a lucky kid! I too have given up on potty training, molly was trained now well to heck with that she thinks so atleast so we are going to try again in a few weeks. It is not an easy task so give yourself a break.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hayley,

I have to admit it was a bit refreshing to hear you complain a bit. I am seriously sorry you had such a hard day Friday, but sometimes I feel like I am the only one complaining! I have to agree, I can talk bad about Jocey (or Boston) behind their backs but as soon as I see their sweet squishy faces I fall in love all over again. Motherhood is by far the hardest task on this earth I have ever encountered but also the most rewarding.

Unknown said...

We also gave up on potty training this week:( It was all going so well then she just decided she didn't want to do it and after a long week I realized I can't make her do it. so we are back to diapers until she decides she wants to go on the potty. That book does sound good. I will have to check it out. You are a great mom. Thanks for sharing. Its good to know your kid is not the only one like that:) Good thing it's not everyday.