Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yes, I Really Did It!!!



Last Saturday I ran a 1/2 marathon. It was one of the hardest things I have ever accomplished. The group that I run with have been planning on running this race, but I didn't think I could do it... but the night before Raquel and Shawn talked me into doing it.

The first few miles were hard, then I got into my rhythm and felt okay, not great, but okay. Then mile 10 hit and my knees killed.... I tried to stop and walk but it made it worse, so Raquel and Sue went on and I ran the last 3 miles alone (I told them to go on, they didn't just leave me)... There were times I thought I might not make it but my determined little mind pushed me through it. I paid for it for the rest of that day and the next, though.

I love doing things that seemed impossible to me! I never thought in my life that I would have the strength to complete a 1/2 marathon, but I did! 2 hours and 12 mins.

15 comments:

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

Good job Hayley, I told you that you could do it. Next stop, Marathon!

kate said...

YAY!! This is totally on my to do this in life!! :)

Errin said...

Thats such an awesome accomplishment! Next is the marathon! :)

Avree said...

Way to go Hayley! That's awesome! I LOVE the picture of you and Jack, so cute!

jeny said...

Way to go, GIRL!! I hate to say it, but....they are right....next stop, MARATHON! it happens to the best of us ;)

Marcie said...

I agree with Shawn, next year the marathon! Yeah for you, you did awesome!!!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hayley you are my hero!!! That is beyond amazing. Congrats.

Johanna said...

You rock my world. Congratulations, and you didn't even look like you had just done something hard when you finished!

Kirsten said...

Good job! That's really so awesome. I'm definitely the type that would never think it possible either! But you did it! Maybe someday I'll be as brave as you he he :-)

Kimberly said...

Way to go! I'm so impressed! I remember your tribute to MJ and thought you might like this...hope you're able to get to it...it's pretty impressive!
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5854827/153...

Unknown said...

you awesome Hayley!!! Way cool. Thats on my to do list for sure....just have to stop having babies!!!!

Sharps said...

YOUR so freaking sweet! If I were as skinny as you I swear I would never set foot on the running trails!!! :) GOOD JOB! We loved seeing you the other night. WE will call again soon!

Nat B. said...

Wow, I am proud of you! Your an inspiration! I am a 5k kinda gal, but deep down I have always wanted to try a 1/2. Awesome!!

JR and Brynn said...

Hayley, that is really so dang awesome!! You should be so proud of yourself. I think that is such a huge accomplishment.

Shums said...

good for you! i hate running and just finished a 1/2 marathon at disneyland with sam's mom and jocelyn. I loved it! crazy.