Monday, February 4, 2008

Scout



I feel so bad that I haven't even mentioned that we have a dog. Scout use to be the center of our world. I would come home everyday during lunch and take Scout for a walk (I know people at work and in our neighborhood thought I was crazy). Now he is just Jack's sidekick. Actually they have become best buddies the last little while. It's hard to keep Jack away from Scout. Jack is always pulling on his paws and steeling his toys (gross I know) but Scout always wins in the end. Jack has never been afraid of Scout and Scout has never hurt Jack. Jack loves when Shawn holds him and has Scout chase after them, Jack giggles and giggles. Scout is still very spoiled though. Me and Jack take Scout out every morning and afternoon on a walk.
Scout has so much personality he is always the favorite. I have kids all the time knock at my door and ask if Scout can play. He is a very loved Dog. He also has a lot of talents. He can sit, stand, shake, high five and (Shawn's very favorite) poop right in the middle of a bush, (Shawn figures if you can't see it then you don't have to clean it up). Scout keeps me going I have to vacuum the house daily and share everything I eat with him. He is definitely a handful, but he is like a second child to us.
Jack has got to where he sleeps through the night now, but I still wake up to Scout rolling out from under our bed and shaking (he does this really annoying shake when he wakes up) at least two times a night. I also get woken up by Shawn's annoying snoring at least a few times a night. Can't anyone get any sleep around here!!!!
Life is still great around here though. Shawn just got a BIG cabinet job up at Ledges (a new area in St. George with really big homes). We have been so lucky that Shawn still has work. The building industry has really hit rock bottom here, so we are super lucky that he still has work. I have to keep telling myself that when he calls and says he is going to be late or when he leaves at 5:00am in the morning. He is such a hard worker and is so talented.
This past week Jack mastered crawling, here is a sweet picture of Jack and Scout crawling together. The second I take Jack's diaper off he rolls over and he is out of there. I nearly have to sit on him to get a diaper back on. He loves to crawl over to his toy basket and pull it over and see what toys are inside.
I am so lucky I get to be home with Jack and of course Scout all day, they are such a blast. The smallest things make me so happy.

3 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

So cute! I love our dogs too. Ok I love Snuggles more than Scout! They boys will always love their dogs I am sure. Your pics are darling. And I agree they are like a second child. Boston sleeps better than Snuggles too and yes that shake thing is annoying and oh the nightmares!!!

Errin said...

Well I can't get Ali to stop talking about Scout! She absolutly adores him! See ya tomorrow! I am way excited to hang out!

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

he is so cute!!! Both of them!! Wish we got to see you guys! I need to post a blog about holdens roller blades they are way way way CUTE!!!!