Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Adding Them to The List

I have always been a big fan of children books. It is my favorite time of the day when Jack  and I can snuggle on the reading chair and devour book after book (Shawn and I fight over who gets to read the bedtime stories.) Most the time I get more out of them than he does. I remember when he was too young to hold his head up I would still read him books before he went to bed. Just yesterday we ran across these two books and I fell in love with them. They are a must reads, especially since Jack is starting school in the next week and his character will have a chance to bloom. 

I have seen this book many times but never sat down to read it. The rainbow fish teaches sharing and the way we feel when we share with others.

Second is " It's Okay to Be Different" it nearly brought tears to my eyes. It touches on all the ways we are different and teaches that it's okay, and good to not all be the same. Jack got out of the book that when skunks are mad they spray stinky stray, go figure.
 

2 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Oh I have to check out these books! I LOVE children's books too.. I think all that reading Mom did to us paid off! I think the second one may be particularly good for my Bos.

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

I love the Rainbow Fish. There is a sequel, but I can't remember the name. You'll have to look it up. Brennan calls it Nemo. :) Where are you taking Jack to preschool? There are so many good ones there.