Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Photography Class

For the past 8 weeks I have been taking a photography class. It has been so informative and fun. For the final week we were asked to present a project. I chose to take pictures of my sister and her family. I picked them as my subject, I then quickly realized that I am not a good photographer and that families with small children are nearly impossible to get a good shot. Kudos to all of you that are photographers, it may look easy, but it isn't. I took over 300 pictures and maybe 10 are keepers, maybe!

So back to the class, I worked hard on getting these photos all put together and when I got to my class my usb drive wouldn't work! I was so bummed, so I thought I would put them on my blog and get your feed back. I am fully aware that they are beginner looking and I have a lot of practicing in both photography and editing!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

first off your sister looks just like you. Im no photographer but the pics we have had done with our kids, if you try to poise them, it doesnt work. Try going somewhere fun and taking candids!!!! Good luck

Avree said...

I don't have a clue when it comes to photography but these look pretty good to me! I think it's awesome that you took a class, that will be so nice to be able to take fun pictures of Jack and stuff!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hay,

I like them, I really do. Plus, I think..ok ..I know my children are harder than the average children. I've decided if my kids complain about pictures when they are older I'm just going to tell them "sorry, you just weren't photogenic back then!" I'm totally kidding!! There great. So sorry about your USB thing..:(

Kevyn said...

Wow Hayley, you have added a lot to your blog since I last checked! It's cool that you live in Ironwood. That's where Jer,me and Tyler lived for 2 years before we moved into this house. We loved that neighborhood. Is Bill Edwards you Bishop? If he is, you will love him. He is the cutest, sweetest guy. Jer and I used to hang out with him and his wife and play games at their house. Well, have a Merry, Merry, Christmas!