Monday, June 21, 2010

My Old Man

 (What a classic picture of My Dad)

Being that it was Fathers Day this past weekend, it got me thinking how lucky I am to have a DAD! He's not the,"run of the mill" Dad either, he is one of those GREAT Dads. He would be there at a moments notice to give a helping hand, even if it was way inconvenient.  He makes you feel like you are the best no matter if you're not.  He is a wonderful teacher, very patient. Kids, especially his grand kids, are just drawn to him. He love us kids no matter what.  He has always been a great example of hard work. He has always respected My Mom and been a great example of what a husband should be.

More times than I can count I have had people tell me, "You have such a cool Dad, he is a great man." I have, and  always will feel LUCKY to call him MY DAD.

3 comments:

JR and Brynn said...

Love your dad. He is such a stud. Miss you guys. I haven't seen you for a while. We'll have to have you over to BBQ or something. Love to check in on your blog - so we're not completely estranged. :)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Great Tribute to Dad Hay. I don't think I have ever seen that picture before. Love it.

linzi said...

You do have a cool dad :) I haven't seen him for years, but I have great memories of him! I think he was the one that introduced me to "What About Bob"?! I hope you are well!