Thursday, December 10, 2009

To the One I Owe My Life To


I love that my Mom and I have birthdays right next to each other. Mine is on the 8th followed by hers, today, on the 10th. The day before my birthday I was thinking about where my Mom was 25 years ago. I remember so vividly Jacks birth and how hard and special it was and the sacrifices and blessing that have come from that day. But rarely have I thought about the day I was born and the sacrifices that my Mom made that day and every day after that. She has always put us children and My Dad first before any of her needs. She is incredibly thoughtful.

This is such a small thing in perspective to all the things she has done for me, but she knows how much I love peppermint ice cream and I can't remember a birthday ever going by without her buying special peppermint ice cream for my birthday. That is so... my Mom, she knows how to put a magic touch on everything and make us feel so special. That is my favorite thing about her.

I also started to wonder, as my Mom, how many diapers she has changed, how many bedtime stories she has read, how many times she has layed by the side of my bed waiting for me to fall asleep, how many times I woke her up in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep. How many messes she has cleaned up because of me, how many sack lunches she's made, how many hours she spent doing my hair and making sure I always looked nice. I wonder how many time she cried because I hurt her feelings, how much money she has spent on Christmas, birthday gifts, and school clothes. How many nights she stayed up way too late to make sure I got home safe, how many ride she has given me. This list could go on and on and on, I am sure I haven't even touched the surface. But the point is I have the best mom in the world and she probably doesn't even care that she has spent every second of her life providing for her children. She has truly taught me what being selfless is and I owe her the world for that. I couldn't ask for a better Mom. I have had such an easy, happy life because I was blessed to have her as my Mom. Happy Birthday Mom I love you with all of my heart, Thank you for being My Mom.

3 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Yea for our Mom!!! She truly is the best!! I strive everyday to be more like her. She is amazing!!! I really wish I could have been down there for your birthdays. You are 2 out of the 3 most important women in my life. The 3rd being my Jocey ofcourse. You guys are my rock. I LOVE the new family picture by the way!! I thought it was the cover of some magazine at first. oh and I want one of those head things..so cool!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

p.s. It's SOOOO hard to read your text though...so you may want to change that.

Errin said...

I love your mom, she was always so great when all of us hooligans were running around her house, inviting boys over, letting us eat over, ohhh and the one i almost forgot, letting us make music videos!!! Happy Birthday to both of you!